 General / 31045
Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 14:34:02 GMT

Thanks for the advice Maggie,

We'll keep that in mind!

Maggie Cambron <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh writes:
No wooden blocks, go with LEGO Primo, then you can transition into Duplo.
The Primos have bricks that will allow the Duplos to connect to them. My • son
was stacking the Primos at 6 months. Well it's more like I was building • and
he was smashing down. Either way we had fun.

I agree with James.  Dispense with the wooden blocks and go with Primo but
don't get too much (get more Duplo and then get WAY more LEGO!), just put • out
the word to a few people and you'll get more than enough.

As for the age thing, don't keep the Primo away just because Baby isn't • six
months old yet-- introduce your baby as soon as you think (s)he would be
interested in the pieces, even just to gaze at them or hold them.  As long • as
the pieces are large enough not to be a choking hazard you can use your
intuition as to what you feel your child would like to play with.  This • means
there are some larger Duplo pieces an infant can play with (although • perhaps
not stack and build anything). And you MAY find you can let your child • play
with some Lego before age three if he or she doesn't put toys in his or • her
mouth (be warned though-- my older kid turns eight next month and he STILL • puts
LEGO in his mouth!).

BTW you will find some of the so-called experts are full of baloney when • it
comes to YOUR child.  You and Shelley will know your baby better than • anyone
else.  So use your common sense and parental intuition and consider the • age
ranges to be guidelines.  And relax and enjoy the new addition to your • family--
you will find your baby will totally amaze you.

Maggie C.