 General / 28150
Re: !!!IMPORTANT!!!-SPUDS No fault of TLG-!!!IMPORTANT!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 02:32:30 GMT

[removed .dear-lego from crosspost list on this reply]

In lugnet.dear-lego, Frank Filz writes:
I must say that I get tired listening to folks whining about POOPs when
it is regularly pointed out that there are in fact good reasons to use
them. One must also remember that there really aren't that many true
POOPs (note that a BURP is NOT a POOP - you can't possibly make a BURP
out of bricks - you can make something that in many cases looks the
same, but you can't make exactly the same thing, I'm also sure that a
BURP costs less than the 10+ bricks that it would take to replace it).

The original example for a "POOP" (_P_ieces _O_utta _O_ther _P_ieces) back
on RTL was a 1x1x5 tall brick, but IMHO, a BURP would also be an excellent
example of a POOP.

Naturally, it's true that you can't make a _hollow_ BURP out of regular
rectangular bricks stuck together, but if anyone's claiming that a solid
BURP can't be made out of 2xN's and 1xN's, I wanna see a mathematical proof
of that before I believe it.  :-)

--Todd