 General / 28135
Re: !!!IMPORTANT!!!-SPUDS No fault of TLG-!!!IMPORTANT!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:28:45 GMT

Stop fighting! You're both right.

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tim Courtney writes:
"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Tim Courtney wrote:
I don't know figures...but POOPs are really a waste of money, especially • when
molds of their component parts already exist and have been in use for years.

I'll continue to disagree, and I'll happily take those classic space
printed 1x6x5 bricks off the hands of anyone who feels POOPs should
never exist.

Fine, if you're going to be picky about my statement, I'll revise it.  Certain
poops are a waste of money, and have no business existing.  Eg...2x4x3 brick,
speed bump with 2x4x2 protrusions on it (from City Center bridge set) etc.

That statement is too strongly worded.

I can come up with a justification for the existance of any part you care to
name, and an example of a model that would be weaker if it had to use the
composite parts instead.

That said, when doing a cost benefit analysis I tend to think that I would
have rather seen the molding money spent elsewhere for many of the parts
even if I CAN justify them.

I'm sorry I committed the grave offense of confusing SPUDs and POOPs, I wonder
if I'll ever be forgiven.

Keep wondering! I know I can't keep them straight. We may be overacronyming
for the sake of humor/cuteness/insularity.

++Lar