 General / 28020
Re: !!!IMPORTANT!!!-SPUDS No fault of TLG-!!!IMPORTANT!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 23:46:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:
Mike,  I can't help but agree with you in many respects,
especially juniorization. Also, I think that Lego Direct
has been especially harshly treated.  They can only
do so much as far as selling spare parts.  If LD could
sell us rare or old parts, I think that they would have
done so (or are trying to do so).  But they have to deal
with the home office (Billund).  And part of the problem
is that they can't talk to us about this problem.  The inner
company workings are not for public disclosure.

Careful there Gary, you're going to get a rep for being a LEGO
apologist! It doesn't matter that you are right.

And because they can't defend themselves, we think they are
being insensitive and uncaring.  I look at the Statue of Liberty
kit as evidence that they are trying to give us what we want.

I *know* it is evidence of that very thing.

But I worry that we won't be able to get what we really want
and in what colors we want.

Because the numbers aren't there. Not yet, anyway. There are advances in how
small a run is economic yet to happen, or so it is to be hoped.

And LD becomes the "whipping boy"
when we are unhappy over it.

Some people will lash out at anything handy. Ignore them.

++Lar