 General / 27053
Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 06:09:05 GMT

Hi all,

well I do already own all six Bionicle sets that are available so far. The
smaller ones are backordered for me and will ship in April. As for the
masks, a retailer has told me that he'd already have some and will send me
several bags next week (yes, they seem to come in polybags).

About combining Bionicles, take a look at my Bionicle section on my website:
http://www.brickmaster.de/lego/bioproducts.htm
The section is still under construction, but images of the larger robots
using three of the regular ones have been uploaded already.

As fo the new ball-with-axle-hole, that element is included in many of the
Bionicles (Pohatu having tow of them) but only for decorative reasons.
However, when combining three Bionicles this element gets a totally new (so
far unknwon) function:
The element is attached to an axle on the one side. You need to spin this
axle so that the legs are moving. However, on the other side of the
ball-element, it is attached to a joint so that it can't move that easy. An
interesting idea, it allows you to slow down the gear transmission so that
the legs will not be able to do what they want to, but they'll keep the
position you put them to.

Well, as said above, for some more information check my Bionicle section, I
wasn't able to realize all my plans yet though:

http://www.brickmaster.de/lego/bionicle.htm

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message

Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Huw Millington writes:

Sadly not -- just a larger version of a 'standard Bionicle'

I hope you (or anyone else who has the Bionicle sets) don't mind one • more
question-

do they make use of the new ball-with-axle-hole ball joints in the • Technic
C-3PO and Stormtrooper at all?  I'm hoping these sets will be a more
cost-effective method of obtaining those parts when they're finally • released
here in the US.

Of the two I have, Tahu, the red one, comes with one, for decorative
purposes on his 'tummy'. The arms and legs still use Slizer-like pieces • with
integrated ball.

Huw