 General / 27076
27075  |  27077
Subject:
More Bionicle news...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:02:16 GMT

Hi again ya all,

as you know so far the Bionicle products are Europe-only and within Germany
they were so far only available through lego.com. Well, as mentioned in a
in yesterday and he gave me a call, prices, etc.). Then, today I went to the
shop to see the stuff and:

- Each Bionicle Can sold via retailer includes a free additional promotional
CD-ROM!!! :

This CD is mostly advertisement and shows lots of details about Bionicle
Island, facts about the figures etc. However, it also tells you about
Bionicle music to appear soon and links to: www.bioniclemusic.com ! Ugh! A
special URL created only for the music of a LEGO subsubtheme??? Anayway, it
aslo says that this music will be released somehow in association with
"Universal". Okay, it doesn't really say that much, it's just a load of
images and things like that - you know the way TLC is showing their
products...

It's a rather cool preview of the Bionicle Universe, along with *many*
Quicktime-movies and some neat effects. In order to fit into the cans, it's
a mini-cd-rom btw. with ~ 180 MB on it. Obviously, all six cans come with
the same CDs though.

- Masks, which are NOT yet available through lego.com:

The masks come in polybags, containg the following elements per bag:
TWO randomly assorted masks
ONE grey face-element
ONE randomly assorted eye-element
TWO axles which are both three studs long

In all, there should be 72 masks. However, the image on the polybag shows 12
shapes in 6 colours PLUS a new shape that does not yet belong to any figure
at all! Also, there are 12 colours but each mask will only be available in 6
of them. I do have 44 masks by now, but I do only have 6 colours out of the
12 colours shown on the bag. And then again, I do own a shape-colour
combination that shouldn't exist at all (according to the bag). And, to get
it all even more confused - one shape of masks comes in transparent colour
only - the mask of Gali! I do so far have a transparent yellow, NEW
TRANSPARENT MEDIUM BLUE, transparent dark blue, transparent red. Hm, I can't
keep up with that. Also, on the CD-ROM it says that GODLEN masks will be
given out to few winners of the www.bionicle.com - contest !!! Oh well, it's
all that confusing, I really don't understand it yet...

Well, so far the news about that, I'll try to make some scans and upload
them later tonight. I will post the link right here.

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message

Christian Gemuenden <GECH1@t-online.de> wrote in message

Huw, I really don't want to mix up the deals you are setteling, but it • might
be better for everyone to provide the US market with Bionicles via me. I • am
about to Email you anyway...

No probs. It sounds easier all round.

Huw