 General / 27052
Re: "Special" brick colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:26:03 GMT

Adam Murtha wrote:

According to BAYLIT, there is dark grey, light grey, and grey.  I always
thought there was only light and dark grey, but I think the three shades may
be included with the Lego Mosaic.  Maybe someone who owns a mosaic, or has
seen one knows if there are actually 3 shades of grey.

-Adam

In lugnet.general, Matthew Greene writes:
Besides the colors listed below, in what colors have Lego made bricks (1x
&/or 2x)?

Black,Blue,Brown,Dark Gray,Green,Lt Gray,Orange,Red,Tan,Verdigris,White,Yellow

As has been discussed before, the mosaic has 5 "colors":
white, 3 shades of grey, and black.
The 3 shades of grey are:
  very light grey - a new color that is lighter than the "light grey"
  light grey - classic space, need I say more?
  dark grey - common in Insectoids (I first saw this as the color
              of the ties under the track for 4.5V and 12V trains)
These are the names for the greys used at Brickbay.
I wouldn't know about the Baylit names.
But those are 1x1 plates, not full-height "bricks".

Frank Filz wrote:
Transparent colors: red, green, blue, light blue, yellow, clear, dark
pink, orange
Solid colors: Maersk blue, Belville/LOM Spacemen light blue, light pink,
dark pink

There are other brick colors as well as those.
The ones that come to mind are light yellow, light green, and lavender.
Oh, and there are two different shades of light pink, at least in the plates
and lattice fences (I haven't checked my pink bricks for this difference).

/Eric McC/