 General / 27283
Re: "Special" brick colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 23:52:59 GMT

Jon Kozan wrote:

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
Jon Kozan wrote:

In lugnet.general, Matthew Greene writes:
Besides the colors listed below, in what colors have Lego made bricks (1x
&/or 2x)?

Black,Blue,Brown,Dark Gray,Green,Lt • Gray,Orange,Red,Tan,Verdigris,White,Yellow

Not all in this shot are "bricks", but I've tried to at least get studs.
Most are on BAYLIT right now.
http://home.att.net/~baylit/colorchart.jpg

One of these days I'm going to do such a picture. You're missing at
least two colors I know of, a light pink and a purple/magenta. There are
probably a few other colors you're missing (Scala has a lot of
non-standard colors).

Light Pink? What set(s)?
I've actually run across 2 shades of pink for the same part in different copies
of the same set- could have been US vs. European manufacture.

Now that I've reminded myself where it came from the pink I'm thinking
of is actually a medium pink, the dark pink in set 1688 of which
pictures can be found in this eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=551835962

is not the same dark pink as in Belville, it's a bit lighter. I have
doors from this set from several different used parts lots and they're
all the same shade, so I don't think it's a case of fading or anything
(also Suz's color chart at http://www.baseplate.com/colors/ references
it).

--
Frank Filz