 General / 38694
38693  |  38695
Subject:
Color Tree for "Special" brick colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:31:40 GMT

Jeffrey,
My Color Tree shows some of what you requested:
http://clarkcorner.home.att.net/ColorTree.html

I use the Bricklink names for most colors. I also have a conversion chart
into Peeron and LDraw, notes for rare colors, and some of the key sets a
color appeared in.

The tree is a work in progress, so I'd be glad to include any more info
people have. The color list is as complete as I can get it, but I still may
be missing some colors.

There are also links from there to some of the other color comparison sites,
including two you may find useful:

Mark's Color Compare Page - side by side pictures of some of the color shades:

Henry's Color Stack - a stack of all colors that can make a 2x4 brick size:
http://www.henrylim.org/LEGOColours.html

Hope that helps,
Clark

Visit my Vintage Parts pages, submissions always welcome:

Looking for a minifig, head, or torso? Try my helper:
http://clarkcorner.home.att.net/VisualMiniHelper.html

In lugnet.general, Jeffrey M. Szklennik writes:
Would there be a way to note what color can be found in what sets?  I
understand peeron or other sites that part out sets tell the colors in a set,
but I'd like to see a color comparison pic as at above address with a note of
an example set.  For example:

pic of Red--as found in set xxxx
pic of sand red--as found in set xxxx

I saw the multiple grays (which was my original search-I found out the very
light gray was introduced in the Mosaic line;) but many of the tints/shades of
green and blue I had not noticed before.  I'd like to be able to know which
sets have a certain color so I could buy it & compare & widen my building
pallette.  Basically, instead of telling what colors/pieces are in a set, I'd
like to see a chart of what sets the colors (pictured together) are from.  I
would hope the solution would be as easy as just having anyone recalling &
posting to a continuing rollcall (like space rollcall) the sets they know
contain these colors.  We could start with the above pic's names for a standard
reference, or I remember seeing a tower of 2x2 or 2x4 bricks (I think) but I
don't remember where.  Anyways, I'd like to give credit to all the
real-pic-real-brick color compilers:  "Thank You!"

Jeff