 General / 26952
  What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

Hi everyone, i wanted to know everyone's opinion about the new Bionicle sets that are coming out. Thanks. Rex (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

(...) Looks like another attempt at a "collectible" thing like Pokemon. Maybe if they have a corresponding cartoon, they'll be popular. Otherwise, they're just a new source of ball-joints to me. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

"Rex Young" <ryoung@tbscc.com> wrote in message news:G7MFr5.CzA@lugnet.com... (...) sets (...) I've got two -- if you like Slizers/Throwbots, you'll like these. Some interesting new pieces, ans also some useful regular parts like the new(ish) wide (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

(...) How and where did you get those? Which ones are they? Do they combine with others to form alternate models? Is Onua silver or grey? I need details!!!!! (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

"Bradley Dale" <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:G7n9Eu.4JB@lugnet.com... (...) They are available from shop.lego.com in Europe, and 2 are available from Argos shops in the UK. I have Onua and Tahu. Christian Gemuenden has therm all, (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

(...) That's great news! What was the alternate model of your Bionicles? My guess was animal-like mechs (wolf, shark, crocodile...), please tell me I'm right! (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

Are the "mini-Bionicles" out now as well? Thanks in advance... Skip "Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:G7oLIz.DJA@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

"Bradley Dale" <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:G7oM75.FH5@lugnet.com... (...) guess (...) right! Sadly not -- just a larger version of a 'standard Bionicle' Huw (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

"Skip Gridley" <MGCards@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:G7oMBD.Fs2@lugnet.com... (...) No - April, I think the shop says. Huw (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

(...) I hope you (or anyone else who has the Bionicle sets) don't mind one more question- do they make use of the new ball-with-axle-hole ball joints in the Technic C-3PO and Stormtrooper at all? I'm hoping these sets will be a more cost-effective (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

(...) I am interested in getting all 12 Bionicle (6 large, 6 small) and I am more than willing to pay to get them 8 months earlier. I am in the U.S. (Guam to be exact) so if I read your message correctly, you are saying to buy them from S@H, have (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

Eric, Well sorry to say you misunderstood me, i am looking to buy them as well...i really want to get them.....!!!! I like technic with a passion...so therefore i cannot get them in the us until August....sorry for the confusion. Rex (23 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

Disregard my last message...it wasn't for me....LOL (23 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:G7op6p.1H5@lugnet.com... (...) released (...) Of the two I have, Tahu, the red one, comes with one, for decorative purposes on his 'tummy'. The arms and legs still use Slizer-like pieces with (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

Skip Gridley <MGCards@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:G7oMBD.Fs2@lugnet.com... (...) April, I believe. Huw (I think I replied to this last night -- but Outlooks seems not to have sent it from my home PC yet :-) ) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

(...) more (...) to (...) That is correct. The 6 large ones are shipping now, and the 6 smaller ones are available on backorder until April. Drop me a line... Huw (23 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

Rex Young <ryoung@tbscc.com> wrote in message news:G7p5IL.LCv@lugnet.com... (...) well...i (...) confusion. Drop me (another) line. Huw (23 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

Hi all, well I do already own all six Bionicle sets that are available so far. The smaller ones are backordered for me and will ship in April. As for the masks, a retailer has told me that he'd already have some and will send me several bags next (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

See: (URL) Christian --- xTI@N. ---...--- Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs ! mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

Hey Bionicle fans, the sets are also available at my local retailer. They are 20% cheaper than from S@H plus there are no additional shipping costs (to me) and he has the cans (as well as the mask polybags!) right in stock. Everyone who is heading (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

Christian Gemuenden <GECH1@t-online.de> wrote in message news:G7rpqp.59@lugnet.com... (...) might (...) am (...) No probs. It sounds easier all round. Huw (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

(...) Oog. Looks like ThrowupBots with different SPUD parts. I have to admit, the Onua and Kopaka characters are neat-looking, but I think these things would be much cooler if they incorporated better interface with bricks. Then you could stick more (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  More Bionicle news...

Hi again ya all, as you know so far the Bionicle products are Europe-only and within Germany they were so far only available through lego.com. Well, as mentioned in a previous posting my local retailer also has some copies already (they came in (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  More Bionicle news... and images

Here are a few scans I have just made: (URL) later... Bye, Christian --- xTI@N. ---...--- Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs ! mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

(...) It's an interesting application, but I believe that roughly the same effect can be achieved with a plain old friction pin. This many not be as simple as using one of the new ball-with-cross-axle-hole parts, though. I got myself a bionicle (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

(...) Hello to all Bionicle fans, I hope I am getting this right, I would like to know if it were possible to get 6 of each new Bionicle sets and 6 of the "mask cans". I hope I am asking the right person and you are willing to "hook me up" with some (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

I can now offer this service from the UK Buy one Bionicle and get a mask 8530 for free// all for 5UKpounds + postage. I have all6 and they are great :-), better than slizers -- Michael - - - Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Lugnet Member# 151 (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

I can now offer this service from the UK Buy one Bionicle and get a mask 8530 for free// all for 5UKpounds + postage. I have all6 and they are great :-), better than slizers -- Michael - - - Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Lugnet Member# 151 (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

(...) Really? They do look pretty cool. What do they do? By the looks of it, they just appear to sit and look cool and not do anything. Can they throw stuff like Slizers, shoot stuff like Roboriders..? (23 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

They are limited to their functions, but basicly the arms move to simulate a battle, on 8531 the Bionicle kicks the rock :-) All have the new type of the bevel gears (3 small ones and 1 large) Also the new ball joint with axel hole that is found in (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What do you think of the new Bionicle sets??

(...) Nah, I don't agree with that. I think the Slizers are less juniorized. Take the Slizer feet, for example. While the Bionicles have a single element feet, the Slizers used two elements. And the Bionicles generally have only one function, while (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)