 General / 23883
Re: Where do you keep your Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 00:13:01 GMT

You what??? Your house isn't large??? 12m x 6m is our entire ground floor:
living room, kitchen, toilet...
You americans have too much space at your disposal. Try the west of Holland
for a change!

Duq

"Gary Istok" <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
Wow Anne,  you do have some tight quarters for you, your husband and your • LEGO.

And here I thought I was running out of room for my LEGO.  I'll never • complain
again..... by the way my LEGO room is (and I am embarrassed to say) 40ft x • 20ft
(12m x 6m), but believe it or not, my house is not large.

Gary Istok

Anne Jorunn Midtkil wrote:

In lugnet.loc.uk and lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes:

The problem is our 2 year old - she has taken over the house with her • Duplo!

:-(

That's one of the reasons my husband and I, both AFOLs, have decided to • _not_
bring any children into the world. We do not want a kid to mess up our • system,
and we do not want teeth marks on our LEGO.

We understood that we are serious about our LEGO-collecting when we • expected
our nephews (3 and 7 years) for a weekend visit, and the first thought • was: "We
have to hide some of the LEGO so they don't get envies in a serious way"

When it comes to storing: We live in a 1-room, 35 square meter, • apartment, and
my husband refuse to throw away any of the boxes. We have had about one • year
after our dark ages, and rounded 150 sets the other day. Wherever we do • not
have books or videos or CDs we have LEGO. We do not dear telling my • mother what
those big boxes which hardly ways anything contains, when we borrow • space in
their basement for the empty boxes.

And yes: We admit that we look forward to getting a bigger place. Before • we
started our LEGO-collection we did consider a large 2-bedroom apartment • big
enough, now we definitely need 3 bedrooms (or rather: one big playroom). • So I
guess we eventually will admit that we bought a bigger place because of • the
LEGO.

aj-ml
--
Anne Jorunn Midtkil