 General / 22764
Re: Is LEGO killing off the very concept of a Theme?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 15:59:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale wrote:

Is LEGO killing off the very concept of a Theme?

Yes.  It's easier to mass-market product when it looks like a totally
brand-new concept.  So having long-time Themes hanging around is
counter-productive, marketing-wise.

Plus, "Space", "Castle", and "Town" aren't exciting.  Too vague and general
and all-encompassing.

But those're just my interpretations of TLC's actions.

Steve