 General / 21578
Re: Anyone heard this story yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:12:54 GMT

Jeremy,

In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:
What a joke. This was an obvious attempt to try to grate a "enormously • rich
and powerful organization", or to get money out of them. People like • this
need to do something more productive than to irritate corporations in • this
fashion.

Never underestimate the power one has by irritating a corporation.

Indeed, but I can't imagine why anyone do this to anybody. Doesn't TLC have
enough problems without this as well? It's just another example of people
wasting other peoples time, money, and resources, when people *know* better.
Woouldn't it have been better to do something constructive or something?

But I'm not sure what legal rights (definitely not sure re: UK law) he may
have in changing his name thusly.  "Legoland Windsor" is most likely a • trade
name, and protected by trademark law.  If I were to change my name to
"Time-Warner, Inc." and then tried to publish something based upon that
name, I would most surely be prosecuted as well.

Well, I hope he gets thrown in jail, for being an obvious malcontent,
without regards to law, and common sense.

Scott S.
--
Soon to be Black & Veatch Employee: http://www.bv.com
Want LEGO Parts at Great Prices? Visit The Sanburn Systems Company!