 Off-Topic / Debate / 6374
Re: Anyone heard this story yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:57:15 GMT

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote:
In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:
What a joke. This was an obvious attempt to try to grate a "enormously rich
and powerful organization", or to get money out of them. People like this
need to do something more productive than to irritate corporations in this
fashion.

Never underestimate the power one has by irritating a corporation.

But I'm not sure what legal rights (definitely not sure re: UK law) he may
have in changing his name thusly.  "Legoland Windsor" is most likely a trade
name, and protected by trademark law.  If I were to change my name to
"Time-Warner, Inc." and then tried to publish something based upon that
name, I would most surely be prosecuted as well.

Hmmm.

Cheers,
- jsproat

Is it still illegal if I copy just the FBI warning?