 General / 21592
Re: Anyone heard this story yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:32:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:

Lego:  As punishment, we choose your name to be "Jar Jar".

Lucasfilm:  Lego, would you care to explain why naming him after a character
of ours that you have a license to is a punishment?

Lego:  Well, everyone hates Jar Jar.

Lucasfilm:  I see.  Lego, please wait here while I get 500 of my best lawyers,

  At least in that case Lucasfilm would have to recognize that Jar Jar is a
pretty god-awful name (and, I would submit, possibly the worst character in
all of science fiction).

     Dave!