 General / 2120
Re: TLG is loosing money!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:16:49 GMT

James Brown wrote in message ...

Lacking children of my own so far, my test group is my three nephews(aged • 8, 8,
and 10).  I have also noticed the attention deficit problem, but with an
interesting twist.  They keep coming back to the Lego.  Other toys • regularly
get abandoned in corners after their attention wanders, and completely
forgotten.  Generally speaking, what they keep coming back to are things • that
attract their attention (flashing lights, noises, etc), and things that
challenge them (Lego, computer games, checkers, etc).  But if the things • that
attract them don't keep changing and doing newer and more impressive • things,
they stop caring, and the toys become "stupid"(1).  This is where Lego and
other construction toys pull ahead - they keep challenging the kids.
I just got done ranting about this in .dear-lego.  TLG is about to lose that
always-come-back-to-Lego thing if they let their product and service quality
go to hell.

Jesse

Jesse The Jolly Jingoist
Looking for answers?