 General / 2125
Re: TLG is loosing money!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:21:09 GMT

Eric Brok wrote in message ...
Snip

a four year old.  His favorite set is the Outback Racer (6550).  The
Town/Jr.
sets are providing a great foundation for his building skills.

How illustrative, 6550 not being a Town Jr. set :-)

If Town '98/99 was like 6550, the Town Jr. debate would never have come up.

Eric

Point well made.  I guess I should have elaborated on what set is his
favorite set is
versus what sets are easy for him to assemble himself.  Setslike the the
Recycle
Truck (6564), Race and Chase (6333), and the like have the one piece chasis
and
a few other pieces.  For the most part, he can build these himself without
any help.
With a more complex set like Outback Racer, he still needs some help but
will do
most of the assembly work himself.  It has been fun to watch him pick up
building
skill and create more complex vehicles than simply a chasis with wheels on
it and
a minifig!  He and I recently build a roll-back tow truck and while I was
working on
the cab he found hinges and 1x8 plates to make the ramp on his own.

The only point I was trying to make in my original follow up is although I
acknowlege
that the Town/Jr. sets are minimal and for the most part, not real exciting,
they have
a place, particularly with very young builders.  Most (not all) small
children do not have
the attention span nor the fine motor skill to build a small vehicle out of
plates and
tiles.  The Town/Jr. sets allow them to build their confidence and enjor
their creations
very quickly which is, IMO, the point of the Town/Jr. theme.  I could be
wrong, I certainly
have been before.

Mike

Mike