 General / 2101
Re: TLG is loosing money!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:16:21 GMT

Steve Anderson wrote in message ...
It'd be interesting to find out how wooden-train manufacturer Brio's
finances are, I think. Rather than dumb down building in favour of
playability, they've left their trains refreshingly simple - same as in the
70s... no stupid train shapes here either, every train looks like a train • in
use today, and the most technologically advanced thing they have is a
battery powered train. I doubt there'll ever be Brio Jr.

While this is true Brio hasn't kept everything the same.  When I was a kid
Brio trains didn't have any plastic parts (mostly wood with metal for the
magnets).  Today's trains have a lot of plastic and  feel cheaper then the
ones from the 70s, although the price is still astronomical.

At least Lego has kept their quality up of pieces up for the last 20 years.
They've done a lot of dumb things and the set quality has gone downhill, but
if you buy enough Lego you can still build the same stuff now that you could
be 20 years ago.

alex