 General / 2112
Re: TLG is loosing money!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:05:51 GMT

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:16:06 GMT, Jesse Long uttered the following
profundities...
Mark de Kock wrote in message ...
This morning, I read in the newspaper that TLG Denmark will have to "dumb"
1,000 of its 10,000 workers due to bad commercial results! TLG itself is • not
in great danger, but it has lost a lot of customers to electronic toys and
computergames.

I think the fact that kids the world over are falling prey to the Nintendo
syndrome, and aren't paying much attention to thinking/building toys.  TLG

Had just purchased the two silver freestyle sets for my nephew.
He enjoyed the two puny Shell sets and Santa set I gave him,
and thought that some more bricks and pieces would help enhance
his play. 6 years old, and lost interest within 30 minutes. He
didn't seem to able to build much of anything. He is an expert
in computer games, however. (For his age). No bells, whistles,
instant graphic satisfaction. Shame.
Perhaps more alarming was before I had bought him these freestyle
sets, he was playing "Mug Santa," and "Santa's got a gun! Oh my!"
games with the 3 sets. I had debated removing the guns, wish I
had.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/