 General / 19767
Re: Building the A10 Thunderbolt "Warthog"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:55:32 GMT

In lugnet.build, Fredrik Glöckner writes:

Or have I seriously misconceived the size of the gun?  I'm not really an
aviation buff, but I was thinking that the gun was a six barrel 20mm,
which isn't _that_ large...  I think.

I agree that the A10 really lends itself to LEGO modelling.  But I think
I would aim for slightly larger-than-minifig-scale to be able to capture
the details better.

Fredrik

It's a 30mm with seven barrels. But I agree the technic pulley would be
too large. sometimes I make gatling cannons with a 2x2 turntable, and a
couple of 2x2 round plates with a handful of 1x1 cylinders to simulate the
"barrels." you only end up with 4 barrels, but it looks neat. A technic axle
would probably be closest, scale-wise.

HTH,

~Mark