 General / 16424
Re: If TLG was going to cease production of any 5 pieces which ones should they be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:23:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Hamilton writes:
Now, now, all you Jr. bashers calm down!

Sorry I didn't mean any bashing and I wasn't excited when I wrote my post.  I
think Juniorization has its place I just think that it is to wide spread.
Hopefully we will see some change as LEGO Direct gets going but for now it just
seems that most sets with the exception of some of the Star Wars sets have been
juniorized.  That includes Town, Castle, and Arctic.  I think Adventurers is a
little better but it still has its Juniorization too.

The junior pieces (like the 1x2x5 and 1x1x5) are excellent for building
sky-scrapers with a lot of windows separated by small solid sections.  In
this case, you would have MORE poop without those Jr. pieces!

I guess I can give you those pieces although I don't build sky-scrapers so I
don't know.  I personally have yet to find a good use of these in my MOC's
although I guess the 1x1x5 has a little potential for corners of buildings I
just dont have a lot of those in the colors I would like.

My biggest peeve though is the 1x2x2 and I would like someone to give a good
defense for that part.  I mean 2 1x2's can't be that much less stable that 1
1x2x2.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/