 General / 16401
Re: If TLG was going to cease production of any 5 pieces which ones should they be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 02:06:51 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

In lugnet.general, Brad Hamilton writes:

Aaron Hines <geraden22@juno.com> wrote in message

2x2x11 super-tall column
Moo Men heads (at least get rid of the grey eyes!)
CastleJr half-tower piece

Aaron

The super-tall column is a GREAT piece!  I'm using it in several town and
castle buildings and would like to have more!

Sure, they're nice pieces... but you can easily make them by using 2x2 rounds
and a technic axle for strength... allows you to do them at any height
whatsoever.

Yeah, but despite that, I still like the single piece for stability.  It's
supporting all three masts on Gloire:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/Gloire.html

I think that 2x2 rounds, while they'd still be nice, wouldn't work nearly as well
for what I'm doing.  The square base really helps tack the column down too--the
2x2 rounds tip over.

Or maybe I'm just in denial!  ;)

best

Lindsay