 General / 16417
Re: If TLG was going to cease production of any 5 pieces which ones should they be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 05:09:33 GMT

In a larger structure, its true that the 1x6x5 pieces are less structurally
sound.  Also, they tend to look "poopier" than smaller interlocking blocks.

However, I still find the 1x6x5 blocks useful in my town creations.  Many
LEGO town sets are built with a 6-stud depth, so these pieces are perfect.
I sometimes use this depth in my buildings so I can use these pieces nicely.

I am happy to take any 1xXx5 bricks off anyone's hands that doesn't want
them! :)

Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Brad Hamilton writes:
Now, now, all you Jr. bashers calm down!

The junior pieces (like the 1x2x5 and 1x1x5) are excellent for building
sky-scrapers with a lot of windows separated by small solid sections.  In
this case, you would have MORE poop without those Jr. pieces!

Well, you're right about the 1x2x5 and 1x1x5, they are great pieces and • are
good for many things.

However, IMO those two are NOT Jr. pieces, not at all! Don';t know about • you
guys, but I have some of these dating back to 1992 and I'm sure they're • older.

I don't dislike these two pieces, the are OK and provide stability where • the
equivalent tower of 5 1x1x1s would easily fall apart. They can be used as • roof
supports, skyscrapers, and many other things.
HOWEVER, I do NOT like the 1x6x5 because it is much MORE stable when built
with interlocking pieces! Therefore I have no use for it whatsoever aand • would
much rather not have those.

Eric, maybe you don't feel there's a difference between the two but I • think
there is.
The 1x2x5 or 1x1x5 pieces are not, IMHO, Town Jr or Junior at all.

the townjr carbase
the castle crappy arch piece
the townjr truck base
the insectoids large leg
the insectoids wing

Agree with these.

1-piece palm tree
Rock Raiders chassis

Oooh yeah!

2x2x11 super-tall column

Although I know these can be easily made of 2x2 rounds, I still like the • piece
a lot. Again, more stability... plus no ugly holes.

Moo Men heads (at least get rid of the grey eyes!)

No way! These are really expressive faces and I like them. I use all of • them.

CastleJr half-tower piece
Note: As for the CastleJr half-tower piece.  It is awful yes and I • could
do
without it but it can be put to good use in places.  Just check out my
Inn.
<snip>

Eric, your MOC is the best, and proves that there can be use for the tower
piece. But remember, you especially tried to use them and tried to build
something AROUND it that'd work. Now that's all good and well but when it • all
boils down, most of us use pieces to build MOCs, not build MOCs to use
pieces... I hope you get what I mean. This has nothing to do with your inn
(which, I again say, is one of the nicest things I've seen around) but • with
the WAY that the pieces got used - you WANTED to use them and TRIED to fit
them in, not used them 'cause you initially thought they fit the building.
(Does that make any sense?)

-Shiri