 General / 16422
Re: If TLG was going to cease production of any 5 pieces which ones should they be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:08:22 GMT

<snip>

Eric, your MOC is the best, and proves that there can be use for the tower
piece. But remember, you especially tried to use them and tried to build
something AROUND it that'd work. Now that's all good and well but when it all
boils down, most of us use pieces to build MOCs, not build MOCs to use
pieces... I hope you get what I mean. This has nothing to do with your inn
(which, I again say, is one of the nicest things I've seen around) but with
the WAY that the pieces got used - you WANTED to use them and TRIED to fit
them in, not used them 'cause you initially thought they fit the building.
(Does that make any sense?)

Shiri,

This makes perfect sense and I know what you mean.  In all my other MOCs
including the City Wall I have not even considered using that piece.  I just
think we have to get away from calling it a "tower" piece just because that is
how TLC used it.  It is a miserable piece for a tower IMO.  It does have a
little hope for a strong point in a larger wall though especially for folks
that like to use the Castle wall piece when building there creations.

In general for me the larger the part the less I like it, with a few
exceptions.  I personally don't like raised baseplates either.  This just all
gets back to the fact that these sets are designed for kids and kids generally
don't care about scale or complexity in construction.  Maybe if everything Brad
Justus has said comes true with Bulk Parts and sets geared for Adults then
maybe all this will be a thing of the past in a few years.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: