 General / 12689
Re: The complete list of Duplo Animals?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 05:03:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Yossi Gil writes:
Here is the complete list again. I am asking for your help
in enumerating the horses. Also, I need information on sheep
in the new farm theme. Are there any? Rachel thought there were
but I have seen none.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, I'm a little confused as to what you are calling
old, continuing or new farm theme? I was thinking that the old farm theme,
were the older style "squareish" animals, is this correct?
Then the new farm theme, was any animal in the more rounded style? (ala, my
comment about the "new" farm sheep) If this is so, then what is
the "continuing" farm theme, you have listed?

What I am calling pink and you are calling light brown in the pigs, seems to
be just a difference in our individual perceptions perhaps??
Maybe this calls for an official decision as to the naming of the colors, to
make it more universal.

To me, the light brown you refer to (though quite orange/brown really)is the
color of the horse amd foal in the set no. 2697. The pig in the same set, to
me is pink. The grey, would be the color of the elephant in set no. 2866.
Again, this is my perception of the colors, not necessarily what everyone else
should call them. But just for clarification,  would the grey pig you are
referring to - be the grey of the elephants in the set I mentioned, if so then
what set do these pigs come in? (so I can get some) If the brown pigs you
mentioned are a different color to what I am calling the pink pigs in set 2699
what set do they come in (so I can get some of these too, as I only have a pig
in one color)

The ptyradactyl comes in red and yellow, too lazy to find the set numbers, let
me know if you need them.

Lets work out if the color problem is just an individual naming difference, or
if we are actually talking about different colors here, then perhaps we could
ask for a general consensus on the names we should call each color in the
future to avoid later confusion. what do you think?

Now, to fill in some of the gaps below......

The color of the cowboy horse is light brown, (or should we say orange/brown?)
same color as the brown horse in the set2697 that I mentioned above. The
cowboy horse has a mid brown saddle (lighter than the dark brown horse in set
no 2699.

The color of the Indian horse is white with orange/brown patches, the
paintings are bright green sun design, and yello and blue pawprints (bear????)
these patterns are reflected on both sides of the horse.

Where did you say the purple hippo came from???

The lion colors I am also confused about, you have light brown and orange
lions listed, now the lions I have here in front of me, are neither of these
colors. They are an orangey color, but they are a couple of shades darker than
the orange Dinosaur, and a lot more orangy than the light brown horses.so we
should rename this color, so as to avoid mixing the two colors up. I only have
one color in the lions, and have never seen two, where does the other color
come from? The lions I have are from both the set no.2862 (one of my cubs,)
and the adults come from the set no.2665. All lions the same color.

Well, we will get there, with this list, eventually. Its worth doing, I
feel.Now, has anyone seen any of the new sets for 2000. Here in Australia, it
will take till march 2000 to see any of them in the shops, but as Lego is
hitting the shops in the US, surely someone must've seen the new Duplo lineup,
I caught a sneak preview of the train and toolo sets, but am curious about the
rest. Are there any new animals, does anyone know?????

Rachel

Pets theme:
Black Scottie dog which comes in both based and unbased version (quite rare).
Dalmatian dog unbased (a bit rare)
Grey cat.

Old farm theme:
Red cow of two different versions (slight differences in eyes)
White sheep.
Light brown pig
Gray, light brown
Yellow circus horse poseable.
White chicken with red striped tail (set 2641/33)
Continuing farm theme:
White hen
White rooster
New farm theme:
White and black white cow
White and black white calf
Sheep of what color? Adult/baby?
Grey adult pig
Grey piglet (based)
Horses:
Light brown adult horse (poseable)
Light brown colt
White/light brown colt (pony?)
Dark brown / light patches colt
Cowboy horse with printed saddle (colors?)
Indian horse with colorful painted symbols (colors?)
Black circus horse with red saddle
Felines:
Light brown lion (poseable)
Light brown lioness (poseable)
Light brown lion cub (based)
Orange lioness (poseable)
Orange lion cub (based)
Black panther (poseable)
Black panther cub (based)
Yellow adult tiger (poseable)
Yellow tiger cub (poseable)
Jungle:
Grey adult elephant (poseable)
Grey elephant calf
Yellow adult giraffe (poseable)
Yellow baby giraffe
Dark brown monkey
Bears:
White arctic bear (poseable)
White arctic bear cub (based)
Brown adult bear (poseable)
Brown bear cub (based)
Black and white panda bear (based)
Ocean:
Black, white spotted, adult killer whale
Black, white spotted, baby killer whale
Black seal
Grey spotted seal
Penguin
Swamps:
Grey adult hippo (poseable)
Grey baby hippo
Purple adult hippo (poseable)
Purple baby hippo
Green crocodile
Dinosaurs:
Red with  yellow spots adult tyrannosaurs rex (poseable?)
Red with  yellow spots baby tyrannosaurs rex
Green with orange spots adult triceratops
Violet with  yellow spots baby tyrannosaurs rex?
Violet with orange spots adult triceratops?
Green with orange spots baby triceratops
Orange with dark orange spots adult brontosaurus (poseable)
Orange with dark orange spots baby brontosaurus
Yellow adult pterodactyl
Yellow baby pterodactyl
Winnie the pooh: Winnie (poseable), piglet, aeyore, and tigger
Little forest friends:
Red with black spots ladybug
Purple ride on spider with spider web
Yellow/black striped bumble bee