 General / 1065
Re: Thank God for Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 00:29:02 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

Well, In any froup _I_'ve participasted in, over 100 (non-spam) msgs
means high-volume...

What is a froup? You have used that term a number of times now and I
have no idea what it means, except in context, as some sort of cute back
formation from newsgroup and something else, meaning just "newsgroup".

The Jargon File (1) is silent on this topic (2)

1 - http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/jargon_21.html#SEC28

2 - so therefore, by definition, it is not generally accepted(3) hacker
jargon. (4) Note that fnord is in there. (5)

3 - although it may be cute, or funny, or used in your tribe.

4 - say I, and I have been hacking since 1977 and using usenet since
1983.

5 - and I say "HI, Steve Jackson!". fnord.
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.