 Off-Topic / Fun / 373
Re: Thank God for Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 03:46:29 GMT

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 03:15:36 GMT, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
wrote:

Larry Pieniazek <lpien@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com> wrote:
That's what I thought the first three times I saw Jasper say it, too.
But now I think it's deliberate.

Looked on dejanews. Earliest references I could find come from the very
beginning of Dejanews ('95), so it's Ancient history. Most early mentions
are on rec.arts.sf.written.robert-jordan, although there's also a mention

Which is one of my prime lurked-froups :)

crossposted to sci.math, alt.stupidity, and rec.org.mensa by Ross Garmil,
someone employed (1) here at BU (2), who says:

"Or am I just being too philosophical for this froup?  And why do we call
  it a froup and not a group?  I think it was Renes Decartes who first
  said, "a froup is a group, unless it's a froup." And he was a
  mathemetician, even though people laughed at him for having the name
  Rene."

So, uh, that doesn't clear it up at all, really.

(2) which I find amusing in a small-world sense, because he just yesterday
asked a question to the help queue for one of the machines I administer.
If Jasper doesn't reveal the mystery, perhaps I'll ask him.
I'll consider me asked. :)

Well, I suppose it's a local phenomenon, and not a
usenet-Regular-Expression. I'll try and keep it to rasfwrj :)

Jasper