 Gaming / 1317
Re: A Gentle Plea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 23:24:10 GMT

People may have more input to make the game, because there gamers, but it
is meant for castle! it belongs in castle! It is the MM with rules and
territorys!

No it isn't.  The Medieval Marketplace is a rough set of guidelines on building
Marketstalls.  It is not "rules and territories."

There is no:
* territory or realm to speak of.
* no characters involved.
* no interaction of any sort (aside from sharing creations)
* no combat, stats, or anything else (GMs, Maps, etc)

The Medieval Marketplace was meant to be something where people could bring
creations and set them up together (similiar to the Moonbase Project
http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase/start/ ).

==> The act of adding rules, territory, and inaction is the act of creating
something new, not continuing the MM.

==> Furthermore, the MM was developed via EMAIL after the idea was first
proposed on lugnet.castle .  Why should CQ or DA or whatever be any different?
No one wants to banish CQ to fun.gaming forever, simply during the more boring
development phase.

What i meant by it isnt just a game to me, is because it is different than your
models, savas story, etc.
It isnt suppost to be just a game to the rest of castle! its suppost to be a
blend of the IOM, CW and the MM. i dont see how that can be put in >.fun.gaming!

Because it is SUPPOSED to be a fun game... hence fun.gaming . Questions about
publishing Anthony Sava's Chronicles of Ikros belong in .publish, rather than
.castle .

Also, this is meant to be by itself. i didnt copy Starship for it. why should
other people copy CastleQuest?

I don't understand this at all.

This doesnt fit in the products area i know. (but then again, lego isnt comeing
out with new lego castle for a long time, i bet.)

It fits EXACTLY with almost all the building categorys, and the exact same
thing goes for it fitting into inspiration.

NO! Buildings built in conjunction with the game belong in castle, but the game
itself belongs in fun.gaming . This is precisely why we have the follow-up post
function. you can set a single post into, lets say .castle, and then followups
elsewhere.  that way people within .castle know what's happening, but we don't
have inappropriate discussion.

And, it fits into only one category on fun.gaming.

So, which should it be in?

I vote castle. you vote gaming. only three people have voted.
Looks like this will never get resolved!

It isn't a matter of voting.

And as a further note: this is the last post i'm making on this subject.  it is
getting old and is counter-productive. more energy arguing about where to talk
about the game than about the game itself.

ugh!

_lenny