 Castle / 15805
Re: A Gentle Plea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 04:30:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Why not make CastleQuest a sub-forum like CW was? its virtually the same thing.
then, put a link on the main castle page (i know, have to talk that out with
the webmaster) to it.

This is easier said than done.  Also, from the web interface point of view
(going to lugnet.com and searching about rather than news-server or whatever)
stuff going into .castle.org.cw looks exactly the same as stuff in .castle. So
creating a subgroup, as far as trying to keep the discussion somewhat
seperated, doesn't really work.

I know posts like the roll call take up space etc, but why ban them? unless >its
a totally interesting topic that everybody will like, dont post?

If the friendliest place on the internet has restrictions like this, i dont
want to be a part of it.

umm... This sounds a lot like "if it's ain't my way, I'm leaving."  Lugnet has
rules (restrictions if you will).  They are loose rules, but rules
none-the-less.  All of life is about rules and restrictions.  Parts of what
makes Lugnet "friendly" is how the people who apart of it interact with
eachother, and THAT is governed by Lugnet's rules.

If I wanted to talk about pirate stuff or western stuff, I'd go there.  This
may not be "just a game" to you, but it certainly looks that way to other
people.  What is the problem with discussing in a slightly different forum?  Do
you follow some rule that says you can only post to .castle? Aside from being
very adamant about this, you haven't said why posting in .fun.gaming is so
horrible that you would be moved to leave lugnet entirely.  Why?

It seems to me a perfectly reasonable idea that development of the game could
move elsewhere.  This is in as much concern for CastleQuest as for people not
interested; it would stream line the brainstorming/development phase and move
faster into actual gameplay.

Sorry for extremely ranting, but this is how i feel on this subject, and i am
not going to tiptoe around it.

Expressing how you feel is always a good thing, but remember to temper your
feelings with reason and a respect of others.

-lenny

and to always connect this back to the brick: