 Gaming / 1318
Re: Dragon's Archipelago
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 23:46:57 GMT

Well, I would also like to make my
contributions to this project as well,
but what's exactly going on here? We
have two separate discussions, one
revolving around a realm and the
other for a role playing castle
project?

Hey Matt,
thanks for the thoughtful post.  I was loosely following the discussion on the
other RPG castle game, but got lost with the talk of character stats.  There
was no real detail, no real ideas, just loose concepts floating around.

I guess maybe could you possibly summ up what had been decided in the other
project.  My aim wasn't to divide and ruin what's going on, but to give it some
more direction, especially into a realm that is more "tried and true."

Despite admin flaws, IOM was a success (at least participation-wise), and it
looks like Starship is too.  I've never been a fan of D&D or other similiar
RPGs, so I wouldn't be as interested in something like that.  I don't think my
idea necessary precludes a D&D RPG style game, because it would only need to be
confined to a particular island, thus controlled by a GM who would then
designate how things worked on his/her island.  Other islands would also work
differently.

I'm not even sure if both projects
can even coexist together, and with
both of these going on, will any
of these projects actually be
completed, or will we have another
mess on .castle's hands.

There is lots of mess, but I try to not think it. It seems many view .castle as
a single organism-group rather than simply just some individuals with similiar
interests.  As long as people build interesting MOCs and talk about them,
castle will be just fine.  We don't need any special projects to delurk people,
or draw people in, merely a happy additude and creative constructions.

This is going to take some discussion...

always a good thing.  let's talk, how about now? how about here?

-lenny

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y