 Events / BrickFest / 2496
  BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

Hello, I will be heading up this year's LTC container swap. If your club is interested in participating, please have a club representative e-mail me with your club affiliation and information. Also e-mail me a list of container cars that your club (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) Will you be starting with the swap database posted here? (URL) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) look to be about the same... (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) What are the criteria for groups participating in the swap? I'm trying to get an LTC together in my area and think that this would be a great way to kick it off, but we have not yet REALLY gotten it together. Any thoughts? I doubt that making (...) (12 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

I am hoping that our club, ParLUGment, will be able to participate in the container swap. There are a couple of our members planning to attend, and I am trying to organize the creation of the containers, now that we've finally decided on a logo for (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) LOWLUG would like to trade with every other club participating. We have 0 containers so far, although we expect to trade with the FGLTC during 1000Steineland 2004 already. Please sign us on as well. LOWLUG website : (URL) be in DC all 3 days (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) The North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) will be participating in the swap this year. The NGLTC will be putting together an new graphic design for the NGLTC BrickFest 2004 container swap, so if any clubs that we have swapped with in the past (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) <snip> (...) rtlToronto will be participating, The current list should be accurate but I will check tonight... Jeff VW (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) rtl Toronto has the following containers: BALTC FGLTC GFLTC GBLTC GtwLUG IndyLUG LCLTC LUCNY MSLTC MichLTC NCLTC SPLTC WAMALTC Jeff VW (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

Hi the Brisbane Lego Train Group (Brisbane, Australia) would like to participate in the upcoming container swap, we currently hold nil containers. As we are an overseas club from the brisckfest i would send to you stickers. Also we would like to (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) Michael, It's looking like IndyLUG is going to have a nice contingent at BF04. We did the container swap last year and will be participating again this year. So count us in for containers and stickers (for the 8 wides and overseas (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) Hey JT. If a club you have traded with before is not creating new graphics for this swap, but want to have a container with your new graphics, would you be willing to supply them with just stickers to put on their own container? Russell BayLTC (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) Hello Michael ! Melbourne > Lego Train Club , Would like to participate in the container swap at the next BrickFest. As far as I know , there will be no members from M>ltc going to the next BrickFest. Here is a list of LTC containers that (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) Michael, are you getting people emailing you info? There seem to be a lot of people posting instead! Seems sort of confusing for you if half the people post and half email... Will you provide an updated spread after you think you've got all (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) I'll respond to everyone's post in the next day or so... I've got a vendor in at work installing new hardware/software/training users & we've been putting in 12+ hour/day. I've gotten one e-mail from a group saying they want to participate, (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) I also have the Stickers for TCLTC Jeff VW (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) Okay, so we got a little impatient and ordered the parts to make a fair number of containers for our LTC. So count me and my group in - for now you can call us SHLTC ("Spider High" LTC), for a school nick-name where most members attend. (We (...) (12 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) <snipage> (...) Michael, Did the emails already go out on this? I don't recall getting one. Is there a list online somewhere of what each club needs to make? I just want to make sure I bring enough containers. jt (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) I'm in the process of completing the swap matrix. I should e-mail everyone who requested to participate with details either tonight or tomorrow and I'll have it up on a web-page for you'll to see. So far it's 23 groups +/- a group or two. (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

(...) Ok great, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something. Thanks, jt (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

RichLUG finished getting our containers ready for the swap today. Here's a picture of our special BrickFest 2004 edition: (URL) The RichLUG containers are individually numbered. We have assembled 32 containers so far. The last list of swap (...) (20 years ago, 7-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

(...) Very Sharp! It's got that "old south" look to it. MichLTC/LUG look forward to trading. (Because we often do 2 shows at once, we're developing a second container, using MichLUG colors and logo which we hope to trade for second containers from (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

(...) Now that RichLUG container is SWEET! I just finished the IndyLUG containers this morning and I've got your name on one. Anyone know what the final swap totals are? I remember reading that a swap matrix was going to be up on a web page (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

"Greg Perry" <supernerd23@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:I23nxu.1L8v@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) (URL) (...) only (...) track (...) clubs (...) participating (...) for (...) Good looking container although I will mention one little nit. Your (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

(...) Michael H. should be posting it very soon... full clubs are looking somewhere near 30 and delta clubs around 10 (there are a lot of new clubs to trade with!) He's the keeper of the real numbers though. I'm just guessing (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

(...) I'm working on it now... I've been e-mailing clubs with final total of containers that they'll need to bring with them. Once I'm finished, I'll post the swap matrix... Brian, I think you're next on the list for me to contact. (...) Actual (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

(...) (URL) (...) Awesome container! I've built the LOWLUG containers, "only" need to apply the stickers now... *sigh* BTW I'll also be bringing along some containers from the FGLTC on behalf of Ben Beneke in case some clubs still don't have that (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:I23tox.901@lugnet.com... (...) up (...) In anticipation of this potential problem, we took two precautionary actions (please note that the container pictured is "001" which RichLUG will (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

(...) Here's a link to the swap matrix: (URL) Let me know if there's any questions, problems or concerns. --Michael BrickFest 2004 Container Swap Coordinator See you in Arlington! (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

"Michael Huffman" <mhuffman@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:I26ry8.13zp@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) NCLTC will be bringing a new container to BrickFest. It is essentially the same container design we have used in the past (see (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

(...) The SCLTC would like to exchange every existing SCLTC car with a brand new 2004 model. We are bringing 22 new containers and would like to bring the old ones back with us. If clubs that have our cars could bring them to DC, it would be greatly (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

"Thomas Michon" <thomas@michon.com> wrote in message news:I2789C.Au8@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) 2004 (...) ones (...) be (...) have, (...) Why would you want to do this? Honestly, I'd prefer to keep the one we have AND get the new (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

(...) MichLUG/LTC records indicate we have no SCLTC cars. :-) We do, however, have an SCLTC container, which we'd prefer to keep if possible. We would be happy to trade with you for your new one though. (as it turns out, the MichLTC container went (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

(...) Mike - The ostensible reason is that it's easier to keep track of everything if we do a direct swap (we failed to keep good track of the original bunch). The real reason is that a few of us in the club don't really like the look of the old (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

(...) I think the "fun" is the collectablilty of the containers. It's natural for the designs to change over time thus making each container a type of time capsule of the event they were swapped at. The NGLTC container will be new this year but I (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

(...) I think JT's got it exactly right. Organizations grow and change and keeping multiple containers is a way for other organizations to track that growth and change. Just out of curiosity (not that I won't find out soon enough) what's changing? (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap

(...) No spy photos of the new NGLTC container, but I will say "It spins" :) jt (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)