 Trains / Train Organizations / 2711
Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:38:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Mike Walsh wrote:
   Why would you want to do this? Honestly, I’d prefer to keep the one we have AND get the new version of the SCLTC container.

Mike -

The ostensible reason is that it’s easier to keep track of everything if we do a direct swap (we failed to keep good track of the original bunch). The real reason is that a few of us in the club don’t really like the look of the old container. So I whipped out Adobe Illustrator and created a label design which felt more appropriate.

Larry -

   MichLUG/LTC records indicate we have no SCLTC cars. :-)

Ack! Technicalities...

   We do, however, have an SCLTC container, which we’d prefer to keep if possible. We would be happy to trade with you for your new one though. (as it turns out, the MichLTC container went through some slight revisions, not enough to justify a complete trade, but if you traded with us, you’d have two different ones.

I’d prefer to swap simply so we could have the old one back. But I guess it’ll be something to talk about once we’re all in DC.

We have containers from the following clubs (complete list):

. Melbourne LTC . PNLTC . Low Country LTC . WAMALUG . Vancouver LTC . NELUG . NCLTC . Bay Area LTC . GFLTC . NALUG . FGLTC . Michigan LTC . NGLTC

We are bringing them all with us to BrickFest, in case anyone wants to swap out their containers with us.

- Thomas Michon
Webmaster, SCLTC