 Trains / Train Organizations / 2674
Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 15:11:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Matt Durden wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Michael Huffman wrote:
Hello,

I will be heading up this year's LTC container swap. If your club
is interested in participating, please have a club representative
e-mail me with your club affiliation and information. Also e-mail
me a list of container cars that your club already possess from
other LTCs, so I might update the swap database. If you're
participating, please let me know by July 24th, 2004 so I can make
final adjustments and arrangements....

What are the criteria for groups participating in the swap?  I'm trying to get
an LTC together in my area and think that this would be a great way to kick it
off, but we have not yet REALLY gotten it together....

Okay, so we got a little impatient and ordered the parts to make a fair number
of containers for our LTC.  So count me and my group in - for now you can call
us SHLTC ("Spider High" LTC), for a school nick-name where most members attend.
(We definitely have a design for the container but are still debating the LTC
name!)

Obviously the design will be brand new - and we want EVERYONE who wants one to
have one - and we don't have containers from any other group.  So long as the
number we have to make doesn't exceed 40, we're set.  (There were 30 listed on
last year's spreadsheet, so...)  If there are international groups that won't be
present that want to swap, we would like to swap containers (not just stickers)
with them, too, via post.  Don't mean to complicate or make extra work for
anyone, but we're excited!

(Michael, if you don't want to handle that last bit, after you have the full
list put together, non-attending groups can contact me directly.)

Any suggestions on how to get stickers made, anyone?