 Events / BrickFest / *2258 (-100)
  Re: Pirate Game at BrickFest PDX - pictures requested

(...) Yea, I got to dig those out sometime. Frank (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: General session Q&A

<snipped> (...) this (...) I would be willing to bet not a single one. The ones that will lose their jobs are the line workers. The first to go when a company runs into a financial downturn. (...) research (...) mistake (...) Could not agree with (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego)

  Re: General session Q&A

(...) Well, at least we'll all have a chance to get at those 10,000 bags. One question I've been wondering of and no mention was made of it(?) was what will happen to 9V track? Will they also be of the "when they are gone they are gone"? Adr. (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: General session Q&A

(...) Had I beed at BF PDX, I would have wanted to ask the following questions: 1. How many staffers lost or will will lose their jobs as a result of this color chage fiasco?? I know if I were KKK, I would discharge the entire marketing team, the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: General session Q&A

(...) Ack! Did not expect this... Previous unveilings at similar conventions: Santa Fe Super Chief MOC Santa Fe Cars Wright Bros. Plane Train Engine Shed Designer Sets Space Shuttle Discovery Lunar Lander Cloud City etc. etc. Brickfest PDX: a couple (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: General session Q&A

(...) That is a let-down. It might mean less incentive to go to the Brick Convention, especially for those who are sitting on the fence on whether to go or not (if they haven't been to one already). However, (having been to two Brickfests already), (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: General session Q&A

(...) One thing to add to this, Jake passed around a couple of the new Harry Potter minifigs. This was the extent of the "new set revealing" that was done. I suspect we will not see as much of the new set revealing. In one way it's a bummer to not (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Pirate Game at BrickFest PDX - pictures requested

(...) Frank, what happened to the pics from this year's (Brickfest 2003) Pirate Game? Are they going to be posted somewhere? Just wondering. Thanks, Ben (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What happens at BrickfestPDX ?

(...) I expect we will see more pictures today and tomorrow. Most of the locals were pretty tied up with fest activities, and most of the others are travelling today. There may have been issues with the wireless feeds, preventing people who might (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Pirate Game at BrickFest PDX - pictures requested

We had a great pirate game this past weekend. I will be posting more later, including the winners. What I would like to do in the meantime though is to collect pictures. As might be understandable, I didn't have a chance to take a single picture (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: general session starting.

(...) (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: general session starting.

Hello! (...) Huh? Never heard about this before. (...) That I am aware of :) Though the 1000steine-Land in Berlin has not been the first event. But that's a different story. (...) In my case it's a relationship over 25 years, if I count Duplo in ;) (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: General session Q&A

(...) (all snipped) Thanks for your efforts, Larry! Always extremely kind of you to spend time bringing this to everyone unfortunate enough not to be able to attend. --Dave (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: general session starting.

(...) [...a lot of positive things...] • We lost some of the primary building colours. (...) A "leap off the cliff", in some regards. (...) Regardless of how honest your answer (and the whole affair) was, it was communicated in a way that left way (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: General session Q&A

Grr. I lost the rest of the questions that I was going to post and we are out of time.... this was a pretty short question time. (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  General session Q&A

Here are the first few questions Colors: A: Jake is answering the color qiuestion: We had to (see text) but we did not communicate right. They are NOT coming back. but... we are going to try to produce some old colors in bulk... 10000 bags of each (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: general session starting.

This is the text of Jake's speech. It is not verbatim, it is his speaker notes (shared with me per preagreement) but he didn't say this word for word. However it's what he said, in essence: - start - What an amazing event! Once again, you’ve pulled (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: general session starting.

Results and so forth will be available, I fed them to chatters but didn't capture them this way... Jake is now speaking prior to taking Q... (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  general session starting.

Hi. It will be a while. but Q&A is coming. I am in chat in CC and BL and on AIM as well Watch this thread. (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Q&A session chat?

(...) 5:15 PM today, Sunday 15 Feb, after Jake's prepared remarks, which I will post here as soon as he finishes speaking, here in events.brickfest (Pacific time) Room name on AIM and BL will be BrickFestPDX2004, Please join either there or on (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Q&A session chat?

(...) Yes it is, I posted details in a previous thread of HOW to participate (Classic-Castle, BrickLink, AIM, Y!) and the details of WHEN are on the PDX website under events... I'd dig them up but I have a session to help run in 1 min... (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Q&A session chat?

Hello BrickFest PDX 2004 participants, Early February Larry Pieniazek proposed to have a possible chat during the Q&A session at BrickFest PDX. His posting: (URL) anyone know if this is going on? If yes, at what time should we report in? With (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The excitement is building for BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Great list Larry. I only wish I could be there but I am at a particularly busy time of the year. I do want to wish all a good time and that I will miss meeting up with all the great people I met at Brickfest DC Aug 2003 and would have liked to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: What happens at BrickfestPDX ?

(...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What happens at BrickfestPDX ?

(...) I was wondering the same thing... -Suz (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  What happens at BrickfestPDX ?

Hi! Does anybody know why there are no pics or comments about BrickfestPDX 2004 ? Regards Ronald (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  SigFigs have arrived in PDX

Just one picture for now- more to come. Here are four of the figs arriving in the Matriarch on Friday, being greeting (and shot) by the .space paparazzi: (URL) From left to right: Professor Whateverly (Ley Ward), "Ice Man" Bunn (Patrick Bunn), Rick (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, FTX)

  Re: Gauging interest in BrikWars at PDX BrickFest

(...) Stephen - I'm game for both nights. I've plade BW once before. I'm open to the scenario! Looking forward to it! -mark (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: looking for Ross Crawford

(...) OK, we're at Frank's house and discovered two answering machine messages from Ross. He's OK... He missed his connecting flight. Ross, if you happen to find this message from an Internet terminal at the airport, call 617-953-5206. --Todd (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  looking for Ross Crawford

Anyone heard from Ross Crawford? He was supposed to get in at ~11:40am this morning. Frank waited for an hour but didn't see him; assumed he took of on the MAX en route to OCC, but we're here now at the OCC and no Ross. 617-953-5206 if any info. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: Gauging interest in BrikWars at PDX BrickFest

Hi, Stephen. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the commitmentment to playing Brikwars at PDX -- my girlfriend and I have made other Portland plans for the evenings in question. But I am quite curious to see the scenario/battlefield you've come (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Classic Space Retrospective

Hi Everyone, I'm posting here because I wasn't sure if I should email Matt Chiles or the Brickfest organizers or...? Anyway, I just wanted to say that I would love to hear Matt's Classic Space Retrospective, but it's at 2pm on Friday. I (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Mosaic teaser / wallpaper

Hello. Here is a teaser photo of one of the headlight brick mosaics I'll be bringing up to Portland for BrickFest. I also find it makes a pleasing deskptop wallpaper, if you're so inclined. (URL) See you at PDX, -Brendan Powell Smith (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Music at BF PDX

Any other Celtic/folk music players coming? I am hoping to fit my fiddle in the van, so maybe we can get some tunes going :-) I'll be there with the VLC contingent Friday lunchtime-ish, staying at the Red Lion. Kevin ---...--- Farmhouse kit: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: We are allready here!

(...) Cool. Thanks for the pics. See you guys soon!!! -TJ (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  It may not be too late to get your SigFig to BrickFest PDX!!

(...) In related news... Do you trust Borgmage? (URL) BorgMage and his Transmogra-Cloneporter>> If so, then experimental transport is available now- but only if you act fast! Contact <mailto:lego@NOSPAM.hafhead.com Tony Hafner> (don't forget to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, FTX)

  SigFigs are preparing to go to PDX!

We've got a few of the visiting SigFigs here ready to journey down to BrickFest PDX- click the image to see their arrival. (2 URLs) Welcome to New Seattle!>> (URL) Welcome, indeed!> (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, FTX)

  We are allready here!

Hi all, we (Ben, Axel, Rene and HoMa from Germany) arrived yesterday safely in Portland. No more LEGO bargains to find, we got them all :-) We tell you, the Convention Centre is huuuge, unbelievable. We will help to set up tomorrow starting a 1.00 (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The excitement is building for BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) A few hundred of your little friends will help brighten rainy Portland a lot but, if I could only pick one or the other, I'd rather have the real you at PDX instead!. But that said, not everyone can go to every fest (I've been hitting a lot (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The excitement is building for BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Oh! If only I had time... "The Top Ten Things LarryP Forgot to Bring to BF:" ...muahahaha. Being serious now.. Lar, that's such an exciting post! Even *I* feel like I've got to start packing. I'm all a-tingle! But alas, not going. :- DC is the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The excitement is building for BrickFest PDX 2004

Larry- Good list! We've been busy for a week+ getting ready and the lower level of the house has LEGO everywhere (we tore down our 12 week show at the start of the month) and not much room to work/build/pack. Here's a few more things: Extra parts to (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The excitement is building for BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) The MAX ticket machines take plastic and bills and give change. You can buy multiple tickets at a discount, or various passes. Frank (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The excitement is building for BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Whoo-hoo!!! PDX, here we come! Thanks for the good list, Lar. I might add a few other key items: Name Badge Bricks For those of us who didn't buy the full option for the engraved name badges, don't forget your engraved 1x8s from previous (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  The excitement is building for BrickFest PDX 2004

Well, only 2 days to go now, the fest starts Friday! It is way too late to try to cajole you into coming if you decided not to, so I won't. But we'll miss you if you can't be there this time... To everyone who's coming: The Pieniazek household is a (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Gauging interest in BrikWars at PDX BrickFest

I'm signed up to host/manage the BrikWars gaming sessions at BrickFest PDX on Friday and Saturday evening (7pm-10pm both nights). I'd like to gauge interest in the sessions to determine if one, both, or even no nights will have various levels of (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  SciBrick at BrickFest PDX...

Hi all, SciBrick will be at Brickfest PDX 2004 in a big way! Two members of the club are Theme Coordinators (Mark Neumann/Mecha and Joe Meno/Space) and there will be several other SciBrick members in attendance: Tim Courtney Adrian Drake Lenny (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Questions: K8s? Event kits?

Hi All, See comments in line (thanks Larry for bring this to my attention) 1. Will there be one or more K8s to grovel through? There is supposed to be an event kit coming which normally includes ~1/2 K8 of brick. If it shows up in time it will be (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Don't forget the Dirty Brickster at BrickFest PDX !

As you pack for BrickFest PDX don't forget to throw in a wrapped Lego item valued around $10 if you plan to participate in the Dirty Brickster! Just like those holiday get togethers, at your turn you can select an unopened gift from the pile or (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Questions: K8s? Event kits?

(...) LEGO is not supplying one to the fest as far as I know, and I believe PNLTC has not yet made the decision on whether to make theirs available on loan. (...) It's not clear that there will be trading opportunities. I would not count on it (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  (canceled)

  Re: Access to a wide-format printer?

(...) Just a heads-up, my printing needs have been filled. Many thanks to all of you who offered to help. I really appreciate it. -Tim (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Second BrickFest 2004

(...) Great, thanks for letting me know, I will be alert. Best Regards Gustav (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Second BrickFest 2004

On 13:34 06/02/2004, Gustav wrote (...) Well, it will definitely be in Washington, since that's where the organizers are :-) It likely will be in mid August since the timing works best for the rooms and most of the rest of the planning. Look for (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Second BrickFest 2004

(...) information regarding Brickfest August 2004 corresponds to the 2003 agenda, therefore I am not sure if it will be in august ? in washington ? could you please give me the dates in order to make the trip arrangements. Thanks a lot for. Best (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Second BrickFest 2004

(...) Go to the brickfest website. It will tell you everything you need to know... (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Second BrickFest 2004

Hi Every One Unfortunately (for me), I will not be on Portland next week. But I would like to be in the second 2004 BrickFest, anyone knows when will it take place and where? Best Regards Gustav Santiago-Chile (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  DCC display

Hello all, Some members of the VLC finally received their new DCC equipment and want to put on a DCC layout down at Brickfest PDX. I've emailed the trains event coordinator from the PDX website a couple of days ago but have, as of yet, received no (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Getting Started With LEGO Trains - it's almost here!

(...) Congratulations, Jake! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! To everyone considering buying this book - I had the opportunity to review it during production. I highly recommend it for both new and experienced train enthusiasts, and I (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Getting Started With LEGO Trains - it's almost here!

After many months of hard work and waiting, my new book "Getting Started With LEGO Trains" is almost here! As we speak, the bulk of the books are on a ship on its way to San Francisco, and should arrive any time. I'll follow-up with a final release (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Presentation Video

(...) Good tips. If someone who is attending the conference would like to organize this, including bringing or obtaining all the necessary equipment, please contact me offline. The arrangments we have made, in view of our budget, are for a wired (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Presentation Video

FUT: lugnet.events.brickfest "Christian Treczoks" <ct@braehler.com> wrote in message news:HsI25q.2zC@lugnet.com... (...) I'd be happy with streaming video online somewhere - it doesn't need to be live - and we don't need a streaming video server to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What's next??

(...) And also due to the fact that we don't have wired, high speed, network access. Streaming video or audio tends to be quite bandwidth intensive, as I understand it. ++Lar (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What's next??

(...) Not sure I qualify for "hard working" (possibly hardLY working), but as of right now, we don't have plans to stream a webcast from the live events. This is due mainly to limited equipment and the fact that we don't have some of the expertise (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  USA Mosaic Map at BrickFest PDX 2004

USA Mosaic Map at BrickFest PDX 2004 The USA Mosaic Map is a large-scale mosaic of the United States of America constructed with LEGO Bricks by Adrian Drake of (URL) BrickFrenzy.com>. The Mosaic has been at many adult fans of LEGO events in the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: What's next??

(...) OK, here's your first question, this will give you 10 days (just ten days to (URL) Brickfest!!>) to come up with the answers: The color change: Why? Who got canned for making such a stupid decision? When will it be corrected? I guess that's (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: What's next??

(...) Like the return of gray, maybe? Sorry to bring it up again. Couldn't hurt to rub it in unless really everybody at LEGO HQ in Billund turns green every time the issue comes up. When I hear those "community developement"-stuff now, I can't help (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: What's next??

-snip- (...) -snip- Lar, I'm glad to hear that you have included Classic-Castle in on this. I've posted this over there in our forums: (URL) And hopefully some of our members will take you up on this. ;o) -Lenny (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: What's next??

(...) I'm not sure a webcast is in the cards. I don't think we have the bandwidth for one. However I am going to try mightily to capture the talk in real time as I usually do, and further, I am going to try to have chat sessions open to get incoming (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: What's next??

(...) *having fingers crossed Larry Pieniazek will use his fast typing skills once more* (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What's next??

(...) I'm not sure if the BrickFest organizers have that in place. I'll defer this question to that group of hard working people. (...) Absolutely! I can't wait! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What's next??

(...) Hi, Jake, How about a webcast for those who can't come? We european AFOLs would like to see, too, where the community is heading. Yours, Christian PS: Will you attend 1000Steine-Land in Berlin (Germany), too? (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  What's next??

I can't believe we are already a month into 2004. In fact, I’m not entirely sure where 2003 went! Certainly lots of changes in 2003, and change can often lead to uncertainty. I've sensed from the private inquiries I've gotten that there is a bit of (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Re: Transport to Moonbase PDX now available via New Seattle

(...) We have our first arrival- the good Professor has been spotted in New Seattle! He hasn't yet hooked up with the sigfig participation facilitator, AndroDan, but he's there. Rumor has it there are a few more on the way... (URL) Whateverly, (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: MOC Cards

I need to recant something and apologise for any confusion (...) They are printable HTML pages, not PDFs (...) and this is not correct, you cannot save them, you need to print them then and there, Saving them is not practical as they save as HTML (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: MOC Cards

(...) Just After I wrote the last message, I realized , that the MOC cards also reserve display space. So I have taken the time to make them on the computer. But havn't Printed them out. I will just, log on to the Brickfest site at my Brother inlaws (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: MOC Cards

(...) You might want to do a trial pack now, so you KNOW what you're bringing, as your theme(s) coordinator(s) really need to know what you're bringing if at all possible, so as to ensure they've organized the needed space. We're 10 or so days away (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: MOC Cards

(...) I plan on bring several MOC trains,some are still been built. But not sure , which MOC's until I start packing. Can I make the Display signs there ? Do I have to have signs for my models ? (even though I hope too). Even if I have to draw them (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Well folks there are still some openings for the ISD timed build! So if you want a chance at the set, be sure to sign up for the team. The team members get to vote and decide how to dive that baby up... Oh and it’s in the old gray! :) To sign (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Transport to Moonbase PDX now available via New Seattle

(...) Indeed, it IS too quiet. It's awfully quiet in .space overall. Just a very faint clicking sound as .spacers prepare for the trip to PDX. I shudder to think what 3vil is up to now, especially since the 3vil Skull Module appeared to be finished (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Build on Badge at BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Here's a shot of mine from '02: (URL) You are correct, Larry. The black 1x8 came as a blank, and I later had it engraved at my expense. See y'all at PDX!!! -TJ (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Oh...I've just seen the condition...only within North America. Sorry :o( "Tim Courtney" <tim.courtney@SPAMCA...ktron.com> wrote in message news:HsAEy6.p4E@lugnet.com... (...) tray), and (...) PDX. I (...) The (...) own (...) printer (...) for (...) (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.events.brickfest)

I work for an arm of Canon an as asuch, we have a wide formatcolour printer. Maybe I can ask my boss, and see if she'd allow it to be used? "Tim Courtney" <tim.courtney@SPAMCA...ktron.com> wrote in message news:HsAEy6.p4E@lugnet.com... (...) tray), (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Build on Badge at BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) No, they're not glued together. The magnet sticky that you are given has run just a little bit wider than one brick is tall, though. (...) For a standard badge, only 4 bricks are engraved. The black one is always the one that isn't if I am not (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Build on Badge at BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Oh and is the black brick always un-printed? Or could it be printed depending on affiliations etc? Thanks ROSCO (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Transport to Moonbase PDX now available via New Seattle

(...) I just want to say that New Seattle better be at 10 bricks above the moon's surface or we're gonna have words. Your Lord and Master, 3GA (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 802.11?

(...) I'd like to suggest that you contact one of the organizers offline about this topic. (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Access to a wide-format printer?

I know someone with a Canon 9100 (up to 13x19 borderless). However, he's isn't "in the business", so he doesn't get special deals on paper and ink. So even if he'll print them essentially at his cost, it will probably be at least $2-$3 per print. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Build on Badge at BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) The bricks aren't glued together, are they? I mean I can put them together in a different pattern? ROSCO (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Transport to Moonbase PDX now available via New Seattle

It's too quiet in New Seattle... click the image to see what is (isn't) up! (URL) Where is everyone?!?>> (URL) Where indeed?> Brenda Rhodes has landed the Matriarch at New Seattle Moonbase, where she is making preparations for the journey to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Access to a wide-format printer?

Hi - Do any of you out there [1] have access to a wide-format printer (17" tray), and can you print for very cheap and/or free? I am having trouble sourcing a printer for the LDraw Gallery at BrickFest PDX. I had a couple leads - one fell through (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Restrospective on Classic Space Seminar at BrickFest PDX 2004

Want to relive the good old days of Classic Space? Join me at (URL) BrickFest PDX 2004> for my Retrospective on Classic Space seminar. I'll be sharing some of the highlights from my personal complete Space collection. See the old 70's (URL) Rocket (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.us.mt, FTX)

  802.11?

Is there going to be an open 802.11 access point at BrickFest PDX? Alternatively, anyone with a Nokia 3650 Bluetooth GPRS phone know how many bars of signal they get within the Oregon Convention Center? Thanks, --Todd (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Fast-paced photo montage (13,000 photos in 9 minutes)

I've been taking a lot of photos of LEGO people and their creations over the past 18 months, and right after I got back from NWBrickCon 2003, I thought it would be fun to see what all those photos looked like in an ultra-fast chronological photo (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  MOC Cards

Hey everyone! If you're bringing a MOC or two to BrickFest PDX ... (and you should be!) PLEASE take the time to fill out a MOC card (URL) here> for each MOC you're bringing. In addition to being really spiffy to look at, and print out, these cards (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX) !!

  Re: Freeloader looking for a place to crash during BrickFest PDX weekend

(...) Hey everyone... Don't forget to also check the "find a/need a roomie/ride" (URL) page> on the (URL) BrickFest PDX site> ! Lots of opportunities for sharing that way. Larry Pieniazek Expo Coordinator, BrickFest PDX 2004, February 13-15, 2004 (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, FTX) !!

  Freeloader looking for a place to crash during BrickFest PDX weekend

AFOL looking for a place to crash during BrickFest PDX weekend -- any of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday nights. Perfectly content crashing on bed of nails, worn-out old rug, cold cement floor, sofa, or (URL) cot> (hi Jon :). Pet-friendly (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, FTX)

  Brad Justice, superhero

With Brad Justus now moving on to bigger and better things, this seems as good a time as any to share something I threw together almost a year ago, just after coming back from BricksWest 2003: (URL) it has a little fun at Brad's expense (which is (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.people) !!

  Re: Build on Badge at BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) Or have your son build you one and motorize it:-) (URL) JOHN (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Build on Badge at BrickFest PDX 2004

Build on Badge at BrickFest PDX 2004 As you know the engraved name badge has become an adult fan of LEGO® event essential. And if you selected the full registration option for BrickFest PDX 2004 you will receive a new five color 1 x 8 brick badge. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004

On behalf of "De Bouwsteen" (LEGOWORLD) I wish you all a fun and inspired build. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact