 Events / BrickFest / 2199
Re: Presentation Video
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:39:38 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Neb Okla wrote:
   FUT: lugnet.events.brickfest

“Christian Treczoks” ct@braehler.com wrote in message news:HsI25q.2zC@lugnet.com...

How about a webcast for those who can’t come? We european AFOLs would like to see, too, where the community is heading.

I’d be happy with streaming video online somewhere - it doesn’t need to be live - and we don’t need a streaming video server to do it.

If someone can record the event on video (MiniDV), I would be happy to pull the content from the tape and compress it nicely for distribution on an available web server.

It is important though that the speaker wear a microphone - and when questions are asked, it’s best if the speaker repeats the question for the mic before answering it.

Most stores that rent video equipment should be able to provide a good wireless mic that could be used for this - and I’m sure someone out there has a decent MiniDV compatible camcorder.

Good tips.

If someone who is attending the conference would like to organize this, including bringing or obtaining all the necessary equipment, please contact me offline.

The arrangments we have made, in view of our budget, are for a wired mike, and no video. We certainly would welcome donated upgrades though.

If someone comes through with the necessary equipment, and necessary web space to host the stream, I’ll be holding you to your offer to do the conversion, Neb... thanks for offering.

Larry Pieniazek
Expo Coordinator, Trains Session Coordinator, BrickFest PDX 2004, February 13-15, 2004
ILTCO | MichLUG | Milton Train Works(tm)