 Events / BrickFest / *1258 (-100)
  Re: whats going on with our BF-MB plans? (was Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?)

"Nick Kappatos" <nkappatos@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HD3vD3.1CCs@lugnet.com... (...) two (...) on (...) Well, we can't have a Moonbase that looks uninhabitated. The landing pads and moon-surface could use some space-crafts and small (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: whats going on with our BF-MB plans? (was Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?)

I was in the room, but because I suck, I have no completed builds, just two ideas that aren't past the drawing stage. I do remember we discussed having the base, then a wrap-around section to the landing pad area, so that cargo ships & the like (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?

(...) I've detailed a few things (with pictures) about my trip last year: (URL) was witness to this :-) and was there when I opened my cases and discovered the damage. -TJ (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: whats going on with our BF-MB plans? (was Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?)

(...) I'll have a couple of modules in tow. Anyone bringin' any monorail stuff? I may have a PCS monorail done by then. :-) I've also got a bit o' track as well. Chris <>< (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: whats going on with our BF-MB plans? (was Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?)

(...) I still have Starbucks built, so I can bring that. You guys have to compete with this, however: (URL) Admiral (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: whats going on with our BF-MB plans? (was Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?)

I was really hoping to get to come to see the first BF MB, but it looks like it is not to be so :( My mother wanted to come as well, and we cancelled a student exchange trip thing to Britain in favor of BF, but now it looks like we won't get to go (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: whats going on with our BF-MB plans? (was Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?)

(...) Yes! As implied earlier this thread, I intend to bring my Power Plant Module (offering three connections to neighbors). I hope to build at least one more Module before August. The concept I have could work with any number of connections (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  whats going on with our BF-MB plans? (was Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?)

This message is open to everyone but is specifically targeted at those folks that were in the drawing room last year to develope the moonbase project. We had discussed a pretty large project for BF2k3. Adrian had plans to make a giant mountain base, (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?

(...) I have flown to fests twice, and had pretty good luck transporting MOCs in checked baggage. Strangely, they don't consider a cardboard box "adequete packing" so you may want to get a trunk or other piece of "luggage". You may also want to make (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Age requirements?

That is correct, a parents/guardian must sign a release form and we ask that there be a registered adult onsite who will look out for the young adult. Christina Hitchcock BrickFest (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Age requirements?

(...) I think the age limit is those under 18 have to be escorted by adult parents /guardians. Though it varies by case to case, and up to the Brickfest Origanizers (Christine Hitchcock). (...) I am sure that there are those who are arriving by air, (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?

(...) The simple solution? Bubble wrap and a prayer :) Depending on how far you have to travel, you may be able to get away with just putting everything in individual ziploc baggies so that when (not if, when) they come apart, the pieces are (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?

Copied to .events.brickfest... (...) I believe John plays the violin. I do think that is great, but I am a big fan of his MOCs and hope to see them in person some day (perhaps another Fest some year, John?) As for me going to BrickFest 2003: Darn (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Age requirements?

Are there any age requirements of Brickfest? I want to go, but I'm 17. I can probably get on the airplane to there, but I'm not sure about the hotels and getting a ride there. Are there any hotels there that only charge $20-30 a night? -- Markham (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: A call for Animation Competition Ideas for BrickFest 2003

Hi Todd - I *strongly* suggest pre-screening entries for quality and entertainment value -- whether you do it, or have a panel of judges do it. While the humor category was excellent at BricksWest, I know from the feedback I got from many attendees (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: A call for Animation Competition Ideas for BrickFest 2003

I have a suggestion. Can we hold a general Animation/Lego Film/Home Movie festival? I'd like to show soome short films but I rather not enter then into a "competition". I never made them to be competitive, yet still I'd like to share. So can we (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Arlington Hilton rates:

Hey all, I and a few others have been lookin into rates for hotels. The rate for the Arlingon Hilton through the net is $77 a night for Friday and Saturday nights of the fest. Not too shabby. Sunday night's rate goes to $97. If you add in Thursday (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Logo submission

The theme is Brick Fest! In the past, we have selected designs that are non-theme specific. For general reference I have included links to the logos we use/used. 2000 (4 URLs) Hitchcock BrickFest (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  A call for Animation Competition Ideas for BrickFest 2003

Here it is, the call for ideas and restrictions. There will be a one week time limit, and then I will ask the moderators to close discussion on this topic. I am interested in any idea you might have for an animation competition to be held at (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest LOGO submission

Is there a theme to follow? Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (Brickswest Registration) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest LOGO submission

The organizers of BrickFest™ 2003 would like to extend an invitation to all AFOL's to submit their logo ideas/artwork for possible use as the 2003 BrickFest logo. This is a BrickFest tradition and an opportunity to exhibit the many talents of our (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people) !

  Re: Another UCS Star Destroyer contest

(...) Ok, maybe we'll have to add some "fine print" to the rules!! How about, no damaging piece during 'destruction', and all the pieces have to be sorted? :-) JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Another UCS Star Destroyer contest

LEt's see.... 30 lbs @ 32 ft/s/s = 960 ft-lbs/s/s Figure you need one or two extra drops... 5 lbs + 3 lbs @ 32 ft/s/s = 256 ft-lbs/s/s Total = 1216, for more force than requried. Answer: 15 seconds to dismantle Paul S (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Another UCS Star Destroyer contest

So BricksWest has the world's fastest time for building a 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer. They didn't really beat anyone for this position, because they were the first. I'm sure other people have thought that it would be great for the attendees of (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

OK, it seems to be working just fine now (11 AM, Wednesday). I may have just had bad luck last night and tried to access the site during 5 minutes of downtime or something. (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

(...) Aaaah! The link doesn't work. I even tried multiple browsers. It just says, "unable to locate the server brickfest.com". (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

Christina, Glad to hear you have finalized the dates. I will definietly try to keep that weekend reserved for attendance, and we'll be in touch more about some ideas I have for panels/displays/etc. Looking forward to it, eric harshbarger (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  First Group MM Layout... Any volunteers?(Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!)

B-Fest is out of the quesion for me, but would there be any volunteers (or interest for that matter) to run a gathering of the first group Medieval Marketplace layout? It would be very neat to see! ~Jeremy (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

(...) You give me money, I'll buy you drinks. You know how cheap, ahem, er...broke I am. ;-) -Tim fut -> lugnet.people (Shiri, our top FUT police officer, has gone missing as of late...I miss that) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

(...) Ditto that! Nothin' like a cold one (or seven) after a long day of festin' ;-) Looking forward to it! -TJ (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

(...) Hey! I resemble that comment! Actually, I was looking forward to bringing my own copy of the Quad City DJ's "C"Mon'N Ride it" to sing;-) I will admit, however, that I haven't quite mastered DJ's method of attaining the high notes.[1] JOHN [1] (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

(...) Tim I have to admit I had a blast with alot of my fellow BrickFesters at rocklands after BF hours:-) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

(...) Ok Tim:-) Of course now that your of age if you buy me enough drinks I may be encouraged to play along but that will take ALOT of drinks from you:-) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

(...) Though my comment above was a joke, I don't understand how the event would be better without it, or worse with it (by implication). I don't think it fits the format of BrickFest as it's been put on the past three years, but if there were to be (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

(...) Woo-hoo!!! And my pre-scheduled vacation just happens to fall around that same weekend! I guess I may have to reconsider that trip to the West Coast(which I wasn't sure if I could afford anyway) and start thinking of ways to fit more MOCs into (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

(...) I'm with Chris on this, "no Karaoke" will make it a better event. Dan Jassim rocked, man(1), but on balance (*cough* John Neal *cough) we're better off without it, thanks 1 - or was that "rocket man"? ++Lar (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

(...) Oh it wasn't me. Karaoke was Matt's idea. ....and you should target Dan Jassim and Scott Costello if you really want to put a stop to it. (URL) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

(...) Tim I heard about you and your KARAOKE and I have been told to put a STOP to that if you ever try again<GDR> (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2003!

Cool!! Thanks for all of the hard work, Christina and others! I can't wait for BrickFest this year :-D As always, let me know if there's anything I can do to help. -Tim PS - KARAOKE!! (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Announcing BrickFest 2003!

I'm pleased to announce that the dates for BrickFest™ are August 8-10th, 2003! We will be updating the website ((URL) soon with information about this year's event and we plan on opening registration in April. Last year was a blast and we intend to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: PC to VHS Video Conversion Process

(...) Stefan - Thanks a lot for this paragraph. It got me looking at video cards with output capabilities. That then led me to take a closer look at the IBM Thinkpad laptop PC I currently have as my work computer. That PC has a S-Video output (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: awww dang I missed one! sorry Adrian! - Lug Map -

(...) Snip (...) favors ie. bring a sleeping bag and crash someones floor. e (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

(...) The problem is that there would be such a huge density of dots in certain locations that it would just get unweildy. It already is that case for the Bay Area, with its high dot concentration at Brickswest. I think just having one instance of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

(...) studs (...) Not to mention, I don't happen to have 500 plates in each of the 25 available colors to donate.... (You know, there is a reason why Trans-Neon-Green was used, after all....) Troy (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: Schedule for BF 2003?

Ditto Ditto!! I have a limited amount of annual leave available - it is important to me to go, but would be unable to if i didn't budget my leave correctly. This would help immeansely, so even a rough guess at possible dates would be grreeat! thanks (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

(...) I don't think Chris meant 25 all in the same year. 3 fests = about 8 years worth of dots before you run out of colors. Whether that actually works or not would be a different question (I suspect once you get above 3 or 4 studs high you are (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

(...) I don't think that I'll be sending the map to 25 different gatherings, thanks. At $60 or so each way for shipping, it would add up awfully fast! The three main US fests are certainly a good place to start. I'm still wondering how to handle (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

(...) I like the idea of leaving them on as long as possible. There are at least 25 colors of 1x1 round plates, so you could potentially include a whole boat-load of gatherings. Hmmm...I wonder if I could paint my LUGNET member number on the top (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGO gaming at Gen Con?

(...) I am giving serious thought to this, but before I can commit, I need to be sure this doesn't conflict with BrickFest. I seem to have written down 2nd or 3rd weekend in August for BrickFest which would be ideal to mesh with July 24-27 for (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Solicitation for ideas for BrickFest 2003 Animation Contest

Seth, Todd, this is directed to both of you. The most important issue for us animators is: don't wait for too long! Making an animation takes time (A Christmas Carol cost me almost half a year, estimation over 300 hours of continuous work). For (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

(...) But if you want to use the full resolution of the map (2x the number of studs) then you become restricted to round plates, as nothing else will fit the 'half way' positions between four studs. Thats one of the reasons I opted for colour coding (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

So it's YOU who bought up all the #3033 tubs :'( now we know :PPPPP (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

In lugnet.build.sculpture, Frank Filz writes: <snip snip snip> (...) Now that's an idea! I (or someone else) would be sure to take detailed photographic records of the dot pattern. That is something that would be fun to see develop as these fests (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H8o482.6q9@lugnet.com... (...) plate (...) I would think that Adrian would want to keep this map as 1 dimensional as possible for packing and shipping. So, I guess if it were me, I'd (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

(...) They also have some overlap of membership (I think most of the Seattle based PNLTC members are also SEALUG members). North Carolina also has an LTC and a LUG (though I'm not really sure anyone really considers them as anything different, the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

(...) Some are, some aren't... some are intermingled a bit (I used MichLUG and NILTC in my example because I know for sure they are a bit intermingled, as they are also with IndyLUG as well, if you see, for example Scott Sanburn's spot, which club (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

On 16:47 01/13/2003 +0000, Adrian Drake wrote (...) I think flags would be cool because they'd stand up off the map... if we get lots of groups, they would dot up over the landscape :-) They'd pop off easier, but the visual impact would be great :-) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

(...) That's sort of what I was hoping to see with this. I want dots scattered all over the map. (...) That could work, but I do want to avoid it getting TOO complicated. I don't know if color coding is really necessary, as most lugs are pretty well (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

I, for one, wouldn't mind being included in the list of members on a tile. I could see how some people would want their own presence. Given that, I like both Frank's and Lar's ideas. Color codes for tiles and 1x1 rounds would be more effective, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

(...) Not a bad idea but... (...) MichLUG for example will have members dotted all over the state, not just underneath the tile's area... I am wondering if there is merit in using color coding on the tile and the 1x1 dots??? for example MichLUG's (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3E22F1F6.9B5884...ing.com... (...) real (...) area, (...) and (...) Or you could put the number of members in your LUG/LTC under your logo on the tile. -Rob (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

(...) have most of the members put their 1x1 dots under the LUG's tile (obviously 0-3 wouldn't fit since the tile needs a stable 2x2 pad). Of course since most LUGs are regional, they need not be placed right where all the members place their dots. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  What type of LUG marker? (was Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA)

Hm. Interesting thought. I'd prefer flags because they take up less real estate on the map (and if we have a lot of attendees from any given area, the map will be cluttered there.) But tiles would stay on more easily and would be less likely to get (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

(...) Had I attempted to include DC, it would've resolved as nothing but another black dot. Before the fest, I'll likely find a location for it and place something there to mark its position. Besides, this is a map of the United States of America. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

I like Stephen's idea of making flags for the LUGs, but how about making them so that they fit onto a 2 x 2 flat tile? They take up a little more room that way, but you won't have to remove them when you move it around. And I think it really looks (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

(...) Where is Washington, DC on your map? I hope you correct that before you come to BrickFest. You know how close you will be to the capital. :-) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

Great job Adrian! Now this may help me remember the names of all those states. Wow, cool. Mark (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

(...) Never! Wait til you see my next project :) It's in the very earliest of the design stage, but it will be BIG when it's done. No, not map mosaic big, but impressive nonetheless. I just can't seem to build small :) Adrian (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

Ahh, thanks much. Adrian (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

(...) Adrian, You...are a madman. A very creative madman, but a madman nonetheless. Wasn't the ISD big enough to satisfy your hunger? ;-) -alex (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

Nice mosaic, Adrian. eric (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

(...) Sure, you're welcome to visit me if you're ever in the Cleveland area (the same goes for any other lugnetters.) (...) If it comes to brickswest, you can add one then. Otherwise, you'll just have to make the drive to DC in July. (...) Thanks (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

(...) I did it in 5 colors because, well, I wanted more color. Had I enough purple or teal, I'd have done 6. And no, the colors I chose for each state mean nothing :) Adrian (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

(...) NEATO! Um, why 5 colors? Just for fun? The US map *can* be 4 colored you know... (I want to pick the BROWN states! :-) ) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

Adrian! Wow! that is really fabulous! You are one serious Lego Builder, nay, Lego Artist! I just finished looking through your page and I just can't find the words! Well just one.....WOW! What a great addition to your Building room. Can I come see (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

(...) Well sure, but we're only 12 days into the year, so that's not saying much. (...) Yeah, me too. Too bad the internationals aren't recognized, but a world map would be, well, monstrous. (...) Reminds me, I forgot to dot Cleveland with the first (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

That is absolutely stunning. This is the coolest thing I've seen so far this year, lego or otherwise. Great idea for a subject matter too - cool and functional. It'll be interesting to see the map after everyone's stuck their dots on. Eagerly (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

(...) Thanks. I was thinking of using a different color of dot for each fest. Or not, I don't know, I hadn't really thought that much about it. I figure they're really cheap on bricklink so I might pick up a few hundred before the fest. The flag (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

(...) One of the benefits of building big is the pixellation of the edges between the states is minimized. That, and I spent a great deal of time while I was making the images tweaking the borders so they looked good. (...) If I really felt the urge (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

On 22:14 01/12/2003 +0000, Adrian Drake wrote (...) use those trans antifreeze yellow dots everyone has so many millions of)... ooh! and another fun idea would be for every club to make a mini flag sticker for a 5 tall antenna and put it on the map (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Mosaic: Map of the USA

(...) boundary lines between states look very smooth and fluid. It would be very neat to see at the various conventions. Since I won't be at them, I guess I would fit into (URL) this image. Very creative method of attaching the baseplates. The image (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  New Mosaic: Map of the USA

Here's my latest project, which I've been working on for two months now. It's a large scale mosaic of a map of the United States of America. the reasoning behind building this was I wanted to bring it to the various fests, and allow people to place (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Raves for 3431 and Lego Basketball in General

I just wanted to take a few minutes and do some raving about how much I like the new Lego NBA Basketball sets. Initially, I had very little interest in the announcement of this new theme since I’m completely apathetic about the world of professional (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Schedule for BF 2003?

Ditto - I have to plan other things in July and would like to know which weekend BrickFest 2003 will be. -Erik (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Schedule for BF 2003?

I'm trying to plan out my vacations for the remainder of this year. Does anyone know when BF is going to be? I would assume based on last years dates, that it will be July 18-20. Will it be in the same building as last year? -Rob (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) I thought I might expand on this a little. I used to participate in ancient miniatures tournaments at the local gaming convention. This was long before Games Workshop - which may have funky rules, but have raised the standard of painting (...) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Yes. If you aren't you probably shouldn't be displaying your work. If someone wanted to get in tight with a macro lens, it would be nice to ask permission first, however. (...) Yes. No (well, condition noted above, but that's because of close (...) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: (Long Delayed) BrickFest 2002 Pix... (and some Legoland images as well...)

Hi Lindsay! Feel free to take any and all of the shots for your site! It's the least I can do for all your hard work on that masterpiece!!! As I have been working on my book, I have shown those pix of your Japanese cruiser to some of my (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: (Long Delayed) BrickFest 2002 Pix... (and some Legoland images as well...)

(...) I have a request: May I borrow a couple of the shots of my ship (the Japanese cruiser) for the upcoming website? (Yes, yes, one of these days...) all best LFB (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: (Long Delayed) BrickFest 2002 Pix... (and some Legoland images as well...)

(...) James Green is the creator to those Tron MOCs. He won a prize for them, too...deservedly so! Joe Meno (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: (Long Delayed) BrickFest 2002 Pix... (and some Legoland images as well...)

Tommy, Dude, I can't tell you how happy I was to look at these pics. I had been browsing the countless disorganized (and more-organized) pics people took at BrickFest, trying to find these vehicles: (URL) about the wrapping) Can anyone identify the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  (Long Delayed) BrickFest 2002 Pix... (and some Legoland images as well...)

Hi gang! I finally got around to posting all the images I shot back in July of this year at BrickFest. I figured I should at least try to get it done before the NEXT BrickFest rolls around.... hehe... I shot about 200 photos of the fest, and they (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Animation Awards are finally here!

In what is shurely one of my biggest blunders this year, I mailed the awards prior to photographing them. 8^( To make this worse, I actually planned to take the engraved brick awards and the Lego Sets to the post office and them come home and (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Animation Awards are finally here!

This announcement is for the winners of the Animation Festival and the Animation Competition at BrickFest 2002. I just received the engraved plaques in the mail and will be sending these out this weekend along with the LEGO Sets awarded to each (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Train Winners

(...) I was stumbling around on BrickShelf today looking for a particular picture from the 'Fest and I found this picture (taken by Abe) of Shaun's "Piggyback" Car: (URL) was definitely one of the most interesting and fun creations at BrickFest. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 2002 Train Winners

Sorry for the long delay. Below are the winners of the Train Room MOC contest (thanks to Abe Friedman and Constantine Hannaher for the pics): Steam Engine - Shaun Sullivan - BR18 German Steam Engine (URL) Electric, Other - Bob Hayes - GG1 (URL) - (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Poll: Which LEGO conventions would you attend?

A new poll for all you Fest fans... Which of the following real and/or hypothetical LEGO conventions would you attend? (URL) Werner LUGNET Member #408 (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?

As coordinators and schedulers of NWBrickCon, the LEGO-based International Convention hosted by SEALUG, PLNTC, and SMART in the Northwest region of the United States, we're trying to figure out what will suit you, the attendees best. Let us know (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickswest) !

  The Assault on Hoth

The pictures from the BrickFest 2002 Hoth display are now up on my site (finally!). Includes a collection of over 150 images of the layout from myself, Troy Cefaratti, Abe Friedman, Constantine Hannaher, Paul Hartzog, Michael Huffman, Jake McKee, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: Complete winners list anywhere?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H0nsKu.I7u@lugnet.com... (...) complete (...) I think he means the 13 awards that people voted on. Correct? - Joe (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact