 Space / 22725
Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:02:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes:
Copied to .events.brickfest...

Not to mention, this will be my first Fest.  Any veterans have any thoughts
about the easiest way to transport and carry MOCs for such an event?

The simple solution?  Bubble wrap and a prayer :)  Depending on how far you
have to travel, you may be able to get away with just putting everything in
individual ziploc baggies so that when (not if, when) they come apart, the
pieces are isolated and can be easily rebuilt.  Also, if you have bits that are
likely to break off a model, remove them beforehand to save you the trouble.

Flying is a whole other process, and you will likely have your stuff powdered
into pulp if left in the hands of the airlines.

Also, are there any other Moonbase builders going?

I'll be there, with my two (or more, if I have the time) moonbase modules.
Considering the fact that the Moonbase concept was founded at Brickfest last
year, I have no reason to doubt that there will be quite a merry band of
Moobasers there.

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com