 Space / 22707
Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 01:38:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Austin Little writes:
Hey guys,

Just wondering whos going to be at brickfest this year. I'm going to try
to come, but I don't know what the age limit is, because I'm only 15.(like
how old you have to be)I live close enough to Virginia (Tennessee), so I
could get there. Anyone know the limit? If I can go, I look forward to
meeting you guys!

Well... I might be, but probably not.  I live in North Carolina, which for
the geographically impaired among you is the next state south of Virginia,
so it's not like I couldn't theoretically get there.  However, I still rely
on my parents for transportation, and since they were reluctant to take
middle school me to a video game tournament in Charlotte, I doubt they'd
jump at the chance to take college me to another state for the purpose of
meeting people whom I know only online (a parent's good-people-to-bad-people
spectrum looks roughly like this: Me > Good figure in my religion > My child
Our relatives > My co-workers > My child's educators > My online friends > People working for us > My child's friends > Total strangers > My boss > Osama bin Laden > Evil figure in my religion > My child's online friends) so we can talk about Legos (which they still see as "children's toys").  Maybe next year.  ;_;

-Andrusi &&
Sanity not included.

In retrospect, perhaps mentioning BotCon before Brickfest was a bad idea.