 Space / 22740
Re: Anyone going to Brickfest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 21:40:57 GMT

  As of Brickfest last year, I was only 14, but I would be 16 by this year's
BF.  Unfortunately, because the date was moved forward, it's now the weekend
before school starts, and since my mom has to get all the teachers at my
school ready to go (lesson plans, schedules, etc), she cannot take me.
Christine had to speak to both my mother and I before allowing me to come,
and asked that she follow me around the first day, then stay in the building
past the first day.  I will say, however, that there were two other kids
there (and wasn't Shiri there, too?), even younger than I was.  Maybe 12-13?
They seemed to be at least a year or two younger than me.  I have no idea
who they were, one seemed to mention that he lived nearby (although he was
staying in a hotel), and I got the impression they had just shown up or
something (dunno).  Never heard anything more from them/about them on
Lugnet, so I guess they just decided to attend and showed up that day.
Austin, I would recommend contacting Christina and inquiring about coming to
BF.  It would be nice for more "AFOLs-in-training" to attend and join the
community.  Good luck, and have fun!

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
I don't think there is an age limit- if you are under 18, you will have to
have a parent accompany you.  Jonathen Mizner attended Brickfest, and was
around your age.  His mom followed him in Brickfest.

I myself am 13 in Florida, and there is no chance of my parents going to
Washington D.C. for Brickfest.  Not to mention I probably will be at the
Eastern music camp during the same date, anyway.

-JHK
http://lego.jhkruer.com

In lugnet.space, Austin Little writes:
Hey guys,

Just wondering whos going to be at brickfest this year. I'm going to try
to come, but I don't know what the age limit is, because I'm only 15.(like
how old you have to be)I live close enough to Virginia (Tennessee), so I
could get there. Anyone know the limit? If I can go, I look forward to
meeting you guys!
Well, I'm working on a lil' something, so I'll catch ya' later!

-Austin
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php?r=1202733747

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mrmookow15