 Dear LEGO / 4233
  High praise for Designer Set #4100

In a recent thread on LUGNET, someone referred to 'evangelizing' about LEGO. This post may have some of that tone to it, though I suspect this is probably more like preaching to the choir. On Friday I was pleasantly surprised to find several of the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general) !

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

Much snippage. I too cannot say enough great things about the Designer series. These are roots LEGO(r) sets and they rock. (...) This is one of my favorite features of the sets as well. MichLUG had a draft from the aircraft set last weekend and I (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) Hmmm...interesting. I have yet to see these sets in the flesh/ABS so my next comment is more speculative than yours from experience. The database shows a price of $20 USD for 290 pcs. and that is only around 0.07 cents (just under actually) an (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) I would agree, though I would characterize it just *slightly* differently. I would say that these sets draw from the roots of LEGO, but that they are more fully formed branches... off the same tree. In my original post I suggested that the new (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes: (snipment of Allan and Larry) I've just got back from LLW where us Brickishers have been doing a display (more about that later from someone with a camera I expect) and while there I popped up to the shop to (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) (idea book) (...) Indeed. Here's an idea about idea books. What if TLC went with an alternate distribution channel? We know that sets seem to have shorter and shorter lifespans on store shelves these days what with faster rotation and so (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) And a good one. All I can say is, I agree. I've seen Mindstorms books in brick and mortar stores, why not an Idea Book of some kind? If not the Designer Sets book, then a more generalized one? I realize the Mindstorms books aren't LEGO company (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) Both have their place, but I think the click hinges are definitely better for younger kids for two reasons: * click hinges are easier to manipulate for younger children due to their more limited strength and dexterity * although not able to (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

The morning after I read your review I got the set for my birthday! You're absolutely right. But rather than just a 'metoo' post I wanted to add something. What I really like about the models (I've only built a few so far) is that none of them is (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) I think you just put into words what I was trying to describe to my wife about this set. I bought it with great enthusiasm after reading the intial review and love it. It really helps me think what to do and I take it on the road with me in a (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) That's a perfect encapsulation of how I feel about the types of models you can build with these sets. Especially the last line. So, to have some fun with that idea, I decided to sit down and build to a goal, using just the pieces in the 4100 (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) the little stub winglets. Nice model! The more I play with these sets the more I like them. (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) Thanks very much. :) What's amazing is how many pieces are leftover! (...) I was pretty pleased with that. I used a similar technique on the Jimmy Neutron Strato XL Rocket Ride(1) that I did a while back. I really like the way that slopes and (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) -Gratuitus Snippage. Allen, I can't agree more. Ya hoo to the Lego Company. I had to have one of these (at least) and I picked up the 4101 Wild Collection. Why? It was the Chameleon model on the box, it's too cool for words! Well, I have to (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

Cool model! What set do you mean though? 770? (URL) hardly looks like a helicopter to me.... Duq "Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:HDoB8n.C43@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) they're (...) look. (...) works. (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) Good eye. You're right... neither of those vehicles is a helicopter. ;) It was a typo on my part... sorry about that. This is the set/helicopter I meant to use as a comparison: (URL) for catching that! All the best, Allan B. (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) I am picking up from this dead thread because: a) the local TRU had these in a while back, but they quickly sold out, and I only noticed the shelf space afterwards b) I just picked up #4101 and am mightily impressed with it Larry's idea is (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) There are actually a few books that have been released this way under the Masterbuilder name (though the most famous one was released sans book). Books would drive the price up, and those few MB sets that were released with books were very (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100

(...) I just did a little fun investigation. As an IBMer, I first think of PS2 as a computer (technically PS/2). So I did some trademark research. Here's Sony's trademark for PS2 (I'm not 100% sure this link will work for you): (URL) here's IBM's (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)