 Dear LEGO / 3490
Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ???????????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 15:34:11 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I think they're VERY useful. especially the long straight ones. Rounded ends
allow things you could not do easily with straight

and
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=75966 (more detail)

So I too would love to see a Technic Tub but would want rounded end studless
beams. Just not any of those large useless panels.

I agree with you there! I'd also like to see the studless beams complimented
with 1/2 width "links". They are also very, very usefull. The more I get,
the more usefull they seem to be.

Of course we all wish for "Blue Tubs" that offer other parts (e.g. technic
beams, technic parts, plates, earth-tone bricks, etc.) but how realistic is
that? How did the blue tubs (set 3033) come about? Were they from an extra
surplus from Lego and not a set that was specifically produced?

I don't know how well a "blue tub" of technic bricks would sell, but I can
say that I'd pay a great deal more than $20 for it.

TJ