 Dear LEGO / 3496
RE: How about "Technic Tubs" ???????????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 23:59:56 GMT

Steven Lane wrote:

I also think the smaller the technic range the greater need their is for a
universal set.

Ahhh, the magic Universal Set words have finally been spoken. I
have my treasured 8062 in its own Plano 3720 tackle box for short
trips....

I think the reason there has not been a Universal Set in a while
is that it's a LOT of work to put togeteher a manual that has 6 or so
decent models out of one box. I think the 8277 Giant Robot
(or big box o' yellow beams) was the las of the great Universal Sets.

As it was available at DEEP discounts alongside the Technic Sub I don;t
think it fared particularly well.

Now, if TLG was to produce a tub of Technic with a Constructopedia
instead of fully developed models.....

Cheers, Ralph Hempel

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com