 Dear LEGO / 3497
Re: Bulk Sets (was: Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 23:52:47 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Thomas (T. J.) Avery writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, William R. Ward writes:
I'm pretty sure they were intended to compete with MegaBlox which had
been producing similar tubs at similarly cut-rate prices.  Lego's 3033
(just about?) completely annihilated the competition.  Now that there
is no competition for that (I don't think MegaBlox makes them anymore)
Lego can safely discontinue the blue tubs, which were probably not
profitable at only $19.95 (when you include the costs of distribution,
etc.).

Lego has stated that 3033 is NOT a loss leader. (meaning it's profitable).