 Dear LEGO / 3487
Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ???????????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:22:24 GMT

Technic in tubs or technic in bulk. Great idea, and yes limited to currently
in production parts!

But I would definitely want to see the studless beams, especially now they
have started appearing in different lengths.

I think describing them as useless parts is a bit too general!!! Just not
useful to everybody perhaps!

JB

I second the idea, I would probobly want one of these in black no
questions asked!

Lets flesh this idea out a bit and come up with a sutable contents list
for one of these buckets...
Given only parts still being made (so that rules out the old style
toothed parts for example), lets come up with a good technic parts
bucket that includes a good mix of axles, beams, plates, gears,
connectors, wheels, steering parts, rotors & propellors & other parts
that would be a good set in its own right and that will go well other
technic sets. Such a bucket should have a good selection of parts, such
that it will be usable as a set in its own right.

If you dont have any technic, it would be a good way to get into the
theme without getting lots of useless parts (or limited use parts) such
as decorative panels, studless beams and so on.
If you already have technic, it would be a good way to get more of the
parts everyone needs