 Dear LEGO / 3500
Re: Bulk Sets (was: Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 04:28:39 GMT

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@altavista.net> writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Thomas (T. J.) Avery writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, William R. Ward writes:
Lego can safely discontinue the blue tubs, which were probably not
profitable at only $19.95 (when you include the costs of distribution,
etc.).

I doubt anything LEGO makes, now or at any time in the past, could be
classified a loss leader.  There is not $19.99 worth of raw materials and
packaging in that tub.

Didn't you read the part in parentheses?

--Bill.

                    (formerly known as hermit@bayview.com)
                   Life is too important to take seriously.