 Color / 1343
Re: Its starting to happen...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 07:25:50 GMT

In lugnet.color, David Eaton wrote:
I appreciate that people probably want a "clean" solution to the problem, but
the issue is that the color change is so ridiculously subtle for light gray
(and pretty darn close for brown and dark gray) that it simply *IS*
confusing. Even seasoned Lego fans who know about the difference sometimes
have a hard time telling the colors apart. The problem is confusing, so any
solution is going to be have to be confusing too.

That's a bit of a generalization, I'd say.  I can peg dark-grey vs. dark-bley
every time, regardless of the lighting (well, as long as there is some, that
is), and I'm very accurate with light-grey vs. light-bley under flourescent
lighting and pretty good under incandescent (though I always check it against a
reference when I can).  Now, I don't have enough experience with reddish-brown
to know how good I am at differentiating them, but I think I'd be pretty
accurate.  Of course, I used to sort Rosco gels by eye when I was doing theatre
work in college, so I might have a more developed sense of color than most.