 Color / 1339
Re: Its starting to happen...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 02:08:37 GMT

In lugnet.color, Barry D White wrote:
Hi there, im first time writer, long time reader, Baz.
I stayed quiet when Lego made the 'new' brown and grays.
You all said what i was thinking.
But.
The other day I received a Lego part that was on Bricklink as Brown. Its reddish
brown

I've got a few of those too.
In every case, I send a friendly email, and the seller was happy to resolve the
matter.

I love Lego so much so I hate sounding like Im mad, I just want to write this to
see if its happening to everyone else. Are you using the new brown and grays or
trying to avoid them like me?

Thank you for your time, frm Baz

IMHTJBOATI

That's a new acronym. What does it stand for?

My first experience with Blay was when I purchased a few sets from LS@H toward
the end of summer '04, during one of those Free Shipping sales.
I didn't notice it right away other than that the bricks looked 'different'.
When I started putting them away, I found out that thay were of a new color, so
I set up a place for them.
My initial reaction was "A new color!", then I asked myself the first question
about it: "Why so close to an existing color?"
Then I found LUGnet a few days later and started reading everyone else's
reactions about the Blays, and that thay where comparable to anything but mine.
So my question was "Why is everyone calling it a color change instead of a color
addition?" then I later found out LEGO discontinued the "old" colors.
Then I started buying gray and brown brick and plate packs while thay were still
available. And bought loads of them. I even temporarily worked at a TV repair
shop, and scrapped kaput TVs in my spare time for the valuable metals, to boost
my LEGO hobby funds.
I now work with a friend of mine, doing ornamental tree work on the weekends,
making about $50 per job. If you need ornamental trees pruned, deadwooded, etc.
within 80 miles of Kent, Washington, shoot him an email:
onamental.tree.guy at gmail dot ]spam_just_pl@in.sux[ .com
(Yes, the addy really has .. in it. The spamblock is made to look like an email
address, so spambots will copy it instead of the real thing.)
O.K., Back on topic:

You might wonder how I handle the Blays now. well, here it is:
I'm collecting them alongside the other colors.
I treat them as separate colors. Dark Blay is to Dark Gray as Green is to
Yellow. I'll even use the blays as accents in gray MOCs, and vice-versa.
I don't have enuff of the blays or blown (rhymes with clown) to fill a 3033 or
5482 tub yet, but I'm getting there.

I really wish LEGO didn't discontinue Dark Turquoise or Sand Red.

scott "Blay is just another color" Frischmann.