Re: Delegations to the July Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:49:09 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Frank Filz writes:
Would you still like me to start plotting out the space? If so, if you
could give me some idea of what the surrounding countryside is like,
that would be helpful.

Planning and plotting it is fine, but let people choose where they want to be,
if possible.  :)  The city is located on a wide deep river, and the castle
itself is on an island in the middle.  The surrounding area has low rolling
hills and a few copses of trees, but nothing dense that would be considered a
forest for a couple miles in all directions.  :)

How large is the city? If it's large, we may want to just set up the
area outside the walls where the gathering occurs, though it would be
nifty to lay out the whole castle and city.

I definitely agree that folks need to chose their own campground, and we
may change the layout some to accomodate people.

I think that perhaps the main fixed stuff would be the river, and the
main road (or roads) which come through the area. If there are any
outlying villages, they perhaps should be fixed also. Some things will
be semi-fixed (like if someone wants their camp on the side of a 3
baseplate hill, we'll specify a 3 baseplate hill.

Note to all, if I do the layout, you actually will have the ability to
have your camp on a baseplate you don't actually own if you will be able
to put it all together at Brickfest because the way I am planning on
laying it out, it will use entirely baseplates that I have available
(and I don't think there will be any problem with me not having the
baseplates to use for the Pirate Game).

I would still recommend people create and bring their own camp, if possible.
It'll quicken setup time, and make the camps better, IMO.  :)

Definitely. I'm also thinking that those who have the time and pieces
should make some "NPC" camps. Camps of some of the folk who show up but
aren't important enough for the story (but may also provide people for
certain characters to interract with, for example if you have a
character who has a tendency of getting into a drunken brawl and burning
someone's camp down, if you can't talk another CW member into having
their camp burn down, you can always pick on an NPC).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com