Re: Delegations to the July Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:04:38 GMT

<snip>
So have we kinda decided (by default) that the delegates will be royal? It does
make the most sense. I think it's a good idea, but I want to make sure everyone
agrees. So, if anyone objects, please post! And if you agree, post also -
support the cause. ;-)

Meanwhile I'll just tally up the Royal Presences that are planning to
arrive...:
http://www.lugnet.com/castle/org/cw/~88/Brickfest2001/Delegates

Anyone who posts a reply stating who they are planning to bring will be
included. You can email me if you prefer that over posting here.

OK...my attendees will be:

King Talon and his son, Prince Rutger, under careful eye of Trevor Vincent
and his castle security force.

King Braun and his daughter, Shendel, with an elite force of Dragonfire
soldiers, handpicked by the King himself.

And, by request of King Talon, Tabbor and Moses will also be in attendance,
but have agreed to only sit if room allows.

So...seating room for 4 definitely, maybe 6.

If we're gonna do the "villians in the shadows" too, then I've got a couple
of baddies who would want to be there, making alliances and cutting throats
and deals.

All in all, this sounds like a great idea.  I really like the camp
idea...that way, we could have lots of little things going on, small two or
three fig meetings, etc...it'd make for a great story.  I think it'd be cool
if we took photos of all the figs arriving, whether it be thru RDP,
carriage, ship, dragon, etc...

Also ... how about creating a landscape of baseplates, trees and such where
people could set up their camp and or just a sleeping bag (hmmm ... that
would be fun to build out of legos.

Wow! Definitely. What an awesome idea. I agree w/Craig, we should all bring
baseplates. We could either prepare the camp ahead of time, or build it on-the-
spot (assuming there wil be K8 boxes again this year).

It'd be more hassle to prepare the camp beforehand, but I think it'd net
better results.  We could do plenty of landscaping, have a couple buildings,
lots of little campfires...<getting a strange urge to sing Kumbaya :-)>

<snip>

And, like many others, barring any major disaster, I plan on being at the
fest.  Can't wait to meet everybody!
-Chris