Re: Delegations to the July Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:34:17 GMT

Hey Craig, it's so great to see you back here, I was hoping you'd de-lurk and
give us a heads-up! We sure did miss your presence around here (I did, at
least!)

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Well, I think we should do some planning :)  Jeff Stembel has undertaken
building the meeting place for us, so I will go ahead and reserve a few
spots:

1.  King Lector will be planning to attend along with his son, Ian.  They
will come with their delegation of 100 but will only need accomodations for
seven (The King, Prince, and five generals).

2.  The Lady Malahat will plan to attend with her daughter, Ashleigh.  She
will also travel with a delegation of 100, but will only need seeting for
three (Lady, Princess, and General).

Those are all of my official guests.  There will be plenty of unofficial
ones though that don't want to make a big deal of being there.  How about
building a little something for such a group?  Not really royalty, but
important enough to be there :)

So have we kinda decided (by default) that the delegates will be royal? It does
make the most sense. I think it's a good idea, but I want to make sure everyone
agrees. So, if anyone objects, please post! And if you agree, post also -
support the cause. ;-)

Meanwhile I'll just tally up the Royal Presences that are planning to
arrive...:
http://www.lugnet.com/castle/org/cw/~88/Brickfest2001/Delegates

Anyone who posts a reply stating who they are planning to bring will be
included. You can email me if you prefer that over posting here.

Also ... how about creating a landscape of baseplates, trees and such where
people could set up their camp and or just a sleeping bag (hmmm ... that
would be fun to build out of legos.

Wow! Definitely. What an awesome idea. I agree w/Craig, we should all bring
baseplates. We could either prepare the camp ahead of time, or build it on-the-
spot (assuming there wil be K8 boxes again this year).

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Craig Hamilton writes:
i really hope i can make it to this event.  i missed out last year and the
cw gathering shaping up for this year is a real incentive to make the trip.
i'm torn because the san diego comicon is the same weekend! <aaeerrrrgghhh!>

Oh, come ON! Easy decision. ;-) Brickfest, of course!!
(Think of it this way. If you're not there, you will probably not have a chance
to meet *me* for a few years at least. Isn't that incentive enough?! ;-)

the idea of a campground setup had occurred to me when i read shiri's
original post.  (i thought of imagery from the quiditch world cup campground
and the arrival of the durmstrang and beauxbaton students to hogwarts in the
fourth hp novel.)  modes of transportation could get quite interesting as
well...

Quite! What comes to my mind are... Ships and shoes and RDPs and carriages and
kings. ;-)

everyone who is able should bring extra baseplates and greenery to help
landscape the area around the campsites. that's a good idea.

also having a campground provides all kinds of interesting spots for all
kinds of smaller meetings and scenes.

<nod, nod> Yes to both. Having a big campground allows for more secretive
meetings, not to mention spies and uninvited guests (can anyone say Red? Hehe).
Plus we could take shots of the delegates waking up in the morning, perhaps
some paparazzi shots of a prince bathing in the stream! ;-)

gee... it's been... like _months_ since i posted.  i feel like i'm
de-lurking!  sorry for keeping a low profie for so long, but my career has
kept me too busy to even build.

Hey, like I said, we missed you, but it's great to hear from you. As long as
you're de-lurking, stay un-lurked, willya?

-Shiri